What FA Flavors Do You Feel Are Essential In Your DIY Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I have had very limited success in my DIY eliquid endeavors .

I have a small stock of LorAnn's flavorings , some nic , a few FA tobacco flavors , PG,VG etc.

I guess i should just state what I have and maybe someone can give up some recipes or advice on rounding out my flavor selection. I'll state upfront that I love tobacco and coffee flavors . from Dekang I like their Virginia , Menthol , Cuban Cigar, I find USA mix a little weak flavor wise. My favorite juice Ive tried to date has been Halo Torque 56.
I also like RY4 ,555 , turkish. etc

I like trying to be somewhat self sufficient , but DIY has been a learning curve though maybe a little expensive to this point based on results.

Ok ,here is what I have from LorAnn:
Cotton Candy
Caramel
Keoke Coffee
Brandy
Peppermint Oil
Watermelon
Tangerine Oil
Cherry
Peach

Capella :
Pumpkin Spice
Pina Colada
Toasted Almond

Tasty Puffs:
Sinful Cinnamon
Chronic Hypnotic

Health Cabin :
Spearmint

Flavour Art :
Vape Wizard
Honey
Virginia
Virginia Fire Cured
Cuban Supreme
TPA Tobacco Absolute 50% Diluted

Misc:
1 US gallon VG
250 ml PG
Approx. 100 ml 60mg/ml Voidmist Nicotine.
60ml pg with 10% Ethyl Maltol
few 1 ml pipettes /eye droppers etc.

So far , the only thing near vapable that Ive made is this current batch I am steeping:
I further diluted the TA by placing 3 drops of the TPA 50% dilute into 10ml of the PG with 10 %EM
I used 2% of this diluted Tobacco Absolute
3% FA Virginia
2% FA Honey
1% FA Vape Wiazrd
2% LorAnns Caramel
I'll let you know in a week . It has promise .

Back to the original premise , I have found that I like FA flavors .I like tobacco and similar flavours .Not baked goods , I do like berry and clove occasionally. Could some one please help me roud out my tobacco flavors wit FA suggestions and maybe a few complimentary flavors to go along ?

Maybe asking alot . I 'm just hoping to save some cash from others willing to share their flavoring purchase mistakes . I have a feeling this Virginia Fire cured isnt gonna be my thing.
Thanks in advance everyone . Happy New Year to ECF.!!!

I'd just like some guidance on making a juice better than I can buy.lol

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
Absolutely essential flavourart flavours for me are -

Apple Pie
Strawberry
Cookie
Pear
Hypnotic Mist
Espresso Coffee
Blackcurrent
Coconut

That's all I can think of at the moment. Lots of their other flavours are very very good but wouldn't call them essential.

Seems like FA have been getting less popular on these forums lately. Might just be my imagination though :) I think they're my favourite flavour company so far, but haven't tried capella...although some is on the way.

I like the fact that FA is so concentrated. It's easy to have bad experiences if you add too much and I think that's what turns many new to DIY people off, they mix up a flavour one time, don't like it and then never touch it again, only problem is they started at like 15%. FA will need sweetener at times, especially when doing a few different flavours together that aren't that sweet on their own.

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
My essential FA flavors would include

Coconut - It is nice and creamy. Helps take the edge off some juices

Cookie - Great base for doing cookie, baked sweets type vapes. I mix Cookie, a little Apricot and Caramel and a drop of sweetener. Tasty

Bread Crust - Very strong and true flavor. Helps add a punch to Banana Nut Bread mixes and helps in some pie type recipes. Add 1 drop at a time

Tobaccos from FA include

Cowboy Blend
Latakia
Camtel Ultimate
Maxbro, I think is now called Maxx Blend

Also making the list because they just taste so good

Apricot - Very true to flavor. Not many flavoring companies make this flavor. Nothing like the nasty flavor LorAnn calls apricot
Melon (cantaloupe) - Great for tropical vapes.

Here is a good sight to order 3ml tester sizes from. $1.50 - $2 per flavor.
(3ml) Flavour Art Flavors - $0.00 : Pure Vapes

Happy Mixing

Haven't actually got any flavourart flavours yet,

but I got Coconut, Lemon Sicily, and Cookie on my list of must order. Since I read some great reviews about those, and whenever I read a great review about a flavor, it goes in my excel sheet, as a reminder to which I need to order when I ever come around to doing so.

So now I have to add, Strawberry, Caramel and Apricot to it as well. If you people say those are good, I'll have to believe it.

Still got four othere openings on my list, promised myself I could order 10 FA's next month.

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
FA Black fire is pretty good IMO, combined with TA or TE it seems to be a pretty good start for a tobacco base. It mixes well with the other tobacco flavors too.

From FA:
This has an intense smokey character with mellow caramel undertones.

From my notes:
At 5% I can taste it. The smokey caramel is there. It is really smooth and would be fine as it is right now. There is a very feint perfume/soap part as well. At 10% It taste pretty much the same. More of a pronounced perfume component. It is still very smooth. At 15% still really smooth, perhaps approaching the to much flavor limit. There won't be a 20% test. After steeping for a week the perfume/soap note seem to be fading away.

FA bitter wizard would be another FA to get for mixing with tobaccos

Last edited:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
It would appear that a few flavors you are missing that are in some of the tobaccos you like are sweetener, chocolate and vanilla. I'm still searching for the right chocolate but the best vanilla i have found so far is TPA's 10% vanillian crystals in pg. Lots of types of sweeteners out there but a good one for tobacco is 10% EM in pg.

dripdaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2011
Lone Star State
Great thread! I've been really curious about FA flavors, but with the exception of MTS have yet to try them.

I gotta say Dripdaddy, your description of Bread Crust intrigues me...I am a bread/pastry NUT, so I'll have to pick that one up soon! Thanks :)

It is a very strong flavor. I added 1 drop to a 5ml Banana Nut Bread mix and it was almost too much. It does not have a sweet type flavor, more like a lightly salted heavy bread flavor.

Last edited:

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
It is a very strong flavor. I added 1 drop to a Banana Nut Bread mix and it was almost too much. It does not have a sweet type flavor, more like a lightly salted heavy bread flavor.

Well I just placed a $40 order of some FA flavs and included it...can't wait to give it a try! I'm really 'into' bakery/cake/pastry type stuff right now so it might fit right in....of course, that could change any day ;)

Also got Cinnamon Ceylon
Fresh Cream
Oba Oba (sounded interesting????)
Cookie
Catalan Cream
and a few other goodies :)

Thanks again.

Last edited:

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
Anyone else dig Hypnotic Mist? I know it's a bit mysterious form the description FA gives but I really like it.

Kind of citrus/sprite/lemon-aid is the main thing I'm getting out of it lately, with a bit of complexity I can't put my finger on.

Need to try bread crust.

Forgot all about Lemon Sicily :) that's definitely on my -must have- list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread