The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What FA Flavors Do You Feel Are Essential In Your DIY Arsenal

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by gimmieshelter31, Dec 31, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gimmieshelter31

gimmieshelter31 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    I have had very limited success in my DIY eliquid endeavors .

I have a small stock of LorAnn's flavorings , some nic , a few FA tobacco flavors , PG,VG etc.

I guess i should just state what I have and maybe someone can give up some recipes or advice on rounding out my flavor selection. I'll state upfront that I love tobacco and coffee flavors . from Dekang I like their Virginia , Menthol , Cuban Cigar, I find USA mix a little weak flavor wise. My favorite juice Ive tried to date has been Halo Torque 56.
    I also like RY4 ,555 , turkish. etc

I like trying to be somewhat self sufficient , but DIY has been a learning curve though maybe a little expensive to this point based on results.

Ok ,here is what I have from LorAnn:
    Cotton Candy
    Caramel
    Keoke Coffee
    Brandy
    Peppermint Oil
    Watermelon
    Tangerine Oil
    Cherry
    Peach

Capella :
    Pumpkin Spice
    Pina Colada
    Toasted Almond

Tasty Puffs:
    Sinful Cinnamon
    Chronic Hypnotic

Health Cabin :
    Spearmint

Flavour Art :
    Vape Wizard
    Honey
    Virginia
    Virginia Fire Cured
    Cuban Supreme
    TPA Tobacco Absolute 50% Diluted

Misc:
    1 US gallon VG
    250 ml PG
    Approx. 100 ml 60mg/ml Voidmist Nicotine.
    60ml pg with 10% Ethyl Maltol
    few 1 ml pipettes /eye droppers etc.

So far , the only thing near vapable that Ive made is this current batch I am steeping:
    I further diluted the TA by placing 3 drops of the TPA 50% dilute into 10ml of the PG with 10 %EM
    I used 2% of this diluted Tobacco Absolute
    3% FA Virginia
    2% FA Honey
    1% FA Vape Wiazrd
    2% LorAnns Caramel
    I'll let you know in a week . It has promise .

Back to the original premise , I have found that I like FA flavors .I like tobacco and similar flavours .Not baked goods , I do like berry and clove occasionally. Could some one please help me roud out my tobacco flavors wit FA suggestions and maybe a few complimentary flavors to go along ?

Maybe asking alot . I 'm just hoping to save some cash from others willing to share their flavoring purchase mistakes . I have a feeling this Virginia Fire cured isnt gonna be my thing.
    Thanks in advance everyone . Happy New Year to ECF.!!!

I'd just like some guidance on making a juice better than I can buy.lol

2. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I like FA Camtel and Perque Black and oRYental4. These need 2 weeks to steep for me. brnk

3. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    WHat does TP sinfull cinnamon taste like ?

4. gimmieshelter31

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    Personally , I think the TP sinful cinnamon tastes like a fireball candy . Lingers in atty forever. Not a favorite of mine .

5. chrismp

chrismp Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Australia
    Absolutely essential flavourart flavours for me are -

Apple Pie
    Strawberry
    Cookie
    Pear
    Hypnotic Mist
    Espresso Coffee
    Blackcurrent
    Coconut

That's all I can think of at the moment. Lots of their other flavours are very very good but wouldn't call them essential.

Seems like FA have been getting less popular on these forums lately. Might just be my imagination though :) I think they're my favourite flavour company so far, but haven't tried capella...although some is on the way.

I like the fact that FA is so concentrated. It's easy to have bad experiences if you add too much and I think that's what turns many new to DIY people off, they mix up a flavour one time, don't like it and then never touch it again, only problem is they started at like 15%. FA will need sweetener at times, especially when doing a few different flavours together that aren't that sweet on their own.

6. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2011
    NYC
    FA is right behind Capellas to me . It does seem like FA is getting less popular and they are great .

7. Seabrook

Seabrook Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2010
    Oceanside, CA
    I can't do without Mango, Cookie, Vape Wizard and Magic Mask from FA.

Try your Capalla's Toasted Almond @ 15% as a stand-alone - it's wonderful.

8. dripdaddy

dripdaddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2011
    Lone Star State
    My essential FA flavors would include

Coconut - It is nice and creamy. Helps take the edge off some juices

Cookie - Great base for doing cookie, baked sweets type vapes. I mix Cookie, a little Apricot and Caramel and a drop of sweetener. Tasty

Bread Crust - Very strong and true flavor. Helps add a punch to Banana Nut Bread mixes and helps in some pie type recipes. Add 1 drop at a time

Tobaccos from FA include

Cowboy Blend
    Latakia
    Camtel Ultimate
    Maxbro, I think is now called Maxx Blend

Also making the list because they just taste so good

Apricot - Very true to flavor. Not many flavoring companies make this flavor. Nothing like the nasty flavor LorAnn calls apricot
    Melon (cantaloupe) - Great for tropical vapes.

Here is a good sight to order 3ml tester sizes from. $1.50 - $2 per flavor.
    (3ml) Flavour Art Flavors - $0.00 : Pure Vapes

Happy Mixing

9. bamsbbq

bamsbbq Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Tacoma,WA
    +1 FA Caramel with some sweetener added... real caramel flavor with actual browned brown sugar taste

10. Lizzebed

Lizzebed Full Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Earth, Netherlands
    Haven't actually got any flavourart flavours yet,

but I got Coconut, Lemon Sicily, and Cookie on my list of must order. Since I read some great reviews about those, and whenever I read a great review about a flavor, it goes in my excel sheet, as a reminder to which I need to order when I ever come around to doing so.

So now I have to add, Strawberry, Caramel and Apricot to it as well. If you people say those are good, I'll have to believe it.

Still got four othere openings on my list, promised myself I could order 10 FA's next month.

11. minigoat

minigoat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    USA
    FA Black fire is pretty good IMO, combined with TA or TE it seems to be a pretty good start for a tobacco base. It mixes well with the other tobacco flavors too.

From FA:
    This has an intense smokey character with mellow caramel undertones.

From my notes:
    At 5% I can taste it. The smokey caramel is there. It is really smooth and would be fine as it is right now. There is a very feint perfume/soap part as well. At 10% It taste pretty much the same. More of a pronounced perfume component. It is still very smooth. At 15% still really smooth, perhaps approaching the to much flavor limit. There won't be a 20% test. After steeping for a week the perfume/soap note seem to be fading away.

FA bitter wizard would be another FA to get for mixing with tobaccos

12. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    It would appear that a few flavors you are missing that are in some of the tobaccos you like are sweetener, chocolate and vanilla. I'm still searching for the right chocolate but the best vanilla i have found so far is TPA's 10% vanillian crystals in pg. Lots of types of sweeteners out there but a good one for tobacco is 10% EM in pg.

13. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    Great thread! I've been really curious about FA flavors, but with the exception of MTS have yet to try them.

I gotta say Dripdaddy, your description of Bread Crust intrigues me...I am a bread/pastry NUT, so I'll have to pick that one up soon! Thanks :)

14. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    FA Maxx-Blend is my go-to flavoring.

Yesterday I received 10ml of Black Fire. There are some good smokey aspects to it. There is one taste and smell in it that I find disagreeable. I'll give it more time.

I also like Desert Ship. Camtel has a patchouli-like flavor that I find appealing.

15. dripdaddy

dripdaddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2011
    Lone Star State
    It is a very strong flavor. I added 1 drop to a 5ml Banana Nut Bread mix and it was almost too much. It does not have a sweet type flavor, more like a lightly salted heavy bread flavor.

16. Bostonsnboxers

Bostonsnboxers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    NW OH, US
    Well I just placed a $40 order of some FA flavs and included it...can't wait to give it a try! I'm really 'into' bakery/cake/pastry type stuff right now so it might fit right in....of course, that could change any day ;)

Also got Cinnamon Ceylon
    Fresh Cream
    Oba Oba (sounded interesting????)
    Cookie
    Catalan Cream
    and a few other goodies :)

Thanks again.

17. chrismp

chrismp Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Australia
    Anyone else dig Hypnotic Mist? I know it's a bit mysterious form the description FA gives but I really like it.

Kind of citrus/sprite/lemon-aid is the main thing I'm getting out of it lately, with a bit of complexity I can't put my finger on.

Need to try bread crust.

Forgot all about Lemon Sicily :) that's definitely on my -must have- list.

18. gimmieshelter31

Mar 26, 2011
    Baltimore,MD
    I'd like to thank each person that has taken the time to offer their opinion . I love ECF.

19. vittiv

vittiv Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    North Carolina, US
    I'm hooked on the FA bread crust for adding depth and complexity. Thanks to dripdaddy's advice I knew to go easy on it. I've settled on one third of a drop per 5ml. (I made a solution of 33% Bread Crust in PG.)

I like the cocoa a lot, too. It's rich and earthy without being sweet, like real cocoa powder.

20. Shilo

Shilo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    Here & There
    My husband likes Dark Vapure, Mellow Tobacco and Cowboy with the Bitter Wizard and Vape Wizard. I disliked every single tobacco one I tried. I like Cookie, Apricot, Caramel, Black Cherry, Marshamallow, all the nuts, and Mango. There are others I would like to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.