What flavors/additives do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have a whole bunch of fruit flavors which are fairly easy to blend as well as some others which cannot be used as stand alone but part of a recipe:

Vape Wizard-Flavor Art
Bitter Wizard-Flavor Art
Smooth-FA
EM Crystals-FA
Caramel-FA
Sweat Cream-FA
Bavarian Cream-FA
Sucralose
NY Cheesecake-Capella
Waffle_Capella
French Toast-Capella
Maple-Capella
Pancake-Capella
Different Chocolates and Coffee flavors.
Bourbon and Rum flavors
Vanilla flavorings from various sources

IMHO, the hardest flavors to make work are the bakery and coffee blends. I am playing with extraction from fresh coffee following another thread here with no real success. It smells great, but the taste is so so, but I am still working at it. I just ran out of time because I had to replenish my stocks of all day vapes.

I have zero interest in menthol, tobacco, and "hearty flavors" like bacon and eggs or pizza.

There are some flavors out there like champagne, marshmellow, clove, horchata, pecan, hazelnut, walnut, pistachio, almond, etc. which I am thinking about ordering from DIY flavor shop to play with.

I use carto tanks, rba's, and BC's for vaping (none of which are really good for testing a lot of different flavors), but I drip into 510 atty's for testing. I will take a fresh atty even when just playing with ratios and toss the used ones into a hot US bath with bicarbonate of soda for cleaning. My supply of 510's is dwindling, and rather than order new ones, I have ordered 12 cheepo RDA's which I will rebuild with micro coils and cotton which is an easy replacement when trying out new flavors. They are around $6/each or little more than a standard 510 which is a throwaway.

Anyway, anything else I should add to my list, even from other sources? Your inputs are appreciated!

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
There are some flavors out there like champagne, marshmellow, clove, horchata, pecan, hazelnut, walnut, pistachio, almond, etc. which I am thinking about ordering from DIY flavor shop to play with.

From this list, fails (for me, ymmv), were champagne and pistachio. The champ just didn't add much and the pistachio made the mix extremely cloudy...I think it was an oil but it didn't say so. Just a small test vape was unpleasant. On the walnut, I have tried black walnut and that was a bad experience. Have not tried plain.
On the plus side is almost everything else you have listed (no experience with clove or pecan). I consider both marshmallow and toasted marshmallow staples. Horchata is so very good with peach and I haven't had a bad hazelnut or almond, just some are better than others. I use a lot of amaretto too. Just a touch in a recipe can elevate certain fruits.

For a coffee vape I'd recommend Inawera Coffee Paradise. Very little is needed and it goes well with Bavarian Cream and maybe a little sweetener. I like it and I'm not a coffee drinker. You do have to order those from overseas, I just get them direct from Poland.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Sweat Cream-FA

a_ldisgust_0604.jpg

pmuniz10920

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I would add TFA - Koolada, gives cool mouth feel without the menthol flavor I use it in some of my fruit mixes.

I would agree in adding Acetyl Pyrazine. I cut my AP in half with PG to better control how much I add, it's pretty strong. As mentioned it gives a nutty/bready flavor, I use it in my cinamonroll.

I love Horchata. It's awesome just by its self.

You might consider adding Vanillin (TFA). I know you said you have quite a few Vanillas but it helps me, especially in my strawberry vanilla cupcake and my banana pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread