What Happened After...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
I began my ecig research several months ago. I found ecf and had everything I ever needed by way of info.

I read here constantly, both the pros, and the downside, (the inevitable equipment failures, and maintenance,allergy related health issues, start-up cost ect...). I like to do my homework, before I make a commitment. I was IN. All the way. (I hoped the other smokers, in the house, would follow suit, once I quit analogs. We don't have the $$ for three smokers here). So I just took all my cigg money for the upcoming weeks, and made my first purchase.

Here's what happened. My Riva kit +e-juice arrived. I was thrilled with it. I quit analogs that same day, (See my first post; Smoker One Day, Non Smoker The Next. Now that's AMAZING!). The other analog smokers in the house were MORE than a little intrigued, at this. (They know how I am without my ciggaretts lol!). Thing is, I was hoping they would try mine, and be inspired to get themselves a starter set. But that's not how it went down...They wanted to share...o.0 yup, all three of us fairly heavy smokers, using one Riva starter set.

That is, until my Dad asked me for one of the atties and batts, for just himself... Suddenly I felt like I was trying to share my oxigen mask, with the whole plane!! ( it was getting hard to breath!). I mentioned that we should prolly grab another kit, (or TWO!), but they were'nt ready to jump THAT far in. huh?

The atty on one of the Rivas started dying, (my "Dads" and he was looking at me like I was Judas, had sold him a bill of goods, or something! ) Not Good! I was loving this whole "not a smoker" thing... I knew I had to save myself from going back to analogs!!

Just in the nic, I saw a beautiful little starter kit on the ecf classifieds! Truly a Chick Stic, If their ever was one, and I knew my Christmas present to me, when I saw it. BUT...having just bought all that other stuff, I couldn't afford The asking price. Sooooooo I Pm'ed the lady and she agreed to a somewhat lesser price, I COULD afford! I was beyond happy. (She said she would ship it tomorrow, which is actually today.).

So I get off the subway last night, grab a bite to eat, (and my remaining Riva...), and decide to send the pay-pal right then,so she would have it in the morning, for sure. I reach in my purse for my wallet, and IT'S NOT IN THERE!! NOOOoooooooooo W.A.Y.!

I looked everywhere! Ok, I tore my home apart, actually... I am so heart broken to have to go back on my word! My first transaction with an ecf friend and I can't keep my end of the deal!! I am still up at the ungodly hour of 4:00am trying to compose my pm, to said friend, I have to, "tell it like it is", But I feel like a jerk. Plus, I would like to ask her to give me a couple days to recoup, and still sell it to me, cause I really do love it. ~sigh~ But I have to respect that she may need sell it quickly and re post it.

I was off too such a good start, I can't believe this... Everyone have a couple extra Pulls off your PV's for me, and wish me luck!

Heart Broken and Nic Deprived In Boston~

carlo-chen

Moved On
Dec 21, 2010
Shenzhen, China
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Pm'd the Lady I was gonna buy the starter kit, and she will hold on to it a bit! Good news there. It's a good pv for me.

Also posted in PIF. Always wanted to "Pay" something, before asking for anything, so that was hard too... Put I am currently working with another member, to get something to bridge the gap. Hopefully I will be able to pif too soon!

@Texasgranny it IS a good story, I know! I am so Happy three quitter for the price of one! But...yeah Christmas brings out the worst in people too, I guess. :/

Thanks for listening,

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
@banjo: I'm glad you enjoyed the the post. It IS a good story, just sucks right NOW lol! I'm gonna look back at this and laugh someday...You should see us...Playing musical pv's ! Now that there's only one "good atty" left, (and one that kinda/sorta works/sometimes), everyone keeps trying to switch to the "good" one, whenever someone sets it down...kinda like the "Shell Game"...LOL! I took to using the cone, and keeping an eye on the "Coned One" ! ;)

@Everyone: Thanks so much for the replies. This has definitely been an *interesting* Holiday season for sure! But I'm gonna remember it forever, with great fondness and pleasure, thanks to my new found family here at ecf, my freedom from smoking analogs and all the fun I've had on this journey already!

Also I am receiving emergency supplies, (which I may HIDE LOL! j/k), to get me through the rough patch. Things are looking a little brighter now. Thank you all for being here to share this new world with. "I am forever, "At Your Service.""~

Ps< my Little girl lost her first tiny tooth, (bottom one), yesterday, so I find it impossible to feel THAT bad, when her paralyzingly adorable, new smile is in play! It really IS the "Little Things"!

Happy Holidays To Us All!

Last edited:

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
So sad! I had a customer at my job whose wallet got stolen and inside was her son's cashed disability check (over $600). She was a mess. That was a couple weeks ago. Yesterday, she came back into my store to let me know that her wallet was recovered, the theif was caught, and all her money was still in the wallet. My point is Christmas miracles sometimes do happen. Best of luck to you, hope it all gets sorted out.

dlbald

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Las Vegas
Pm'd the Lady I was gonna buy the starter kit, and she will hold on to it a bit! Good news there. It's a good pv for me.

Also posted in PIF. Always wanted to "Pay" something, before asking for anything, so that was hard too... Put I am currently working with another member, to get something to bridge the gap. Hopefully I will be able to pif too soon!

@Texasgranny it IS a good story, I know! I am so Happy three quitter for the price of one! But...yeah Christmas brings out the worst in people too, I guess. :/

Thanks for listening,

How did it go? Do you need anything else?

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hey thanks acho, (Bless you! :p )
Wetbox huh? Lucky! Congrats on the Reo too!

Happy Holidays to us all, and a SMOKE FREE New Year!

Did your wallet ever show up? Were you able to locate it?
Can't imagine having to go through something like this during the Christmas Season. I know this is prime time for pick-pockets to do their nasty. I would be a mess if something like this happened to me.

Thinking of you,
Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread