Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You folks have given me a lot to think about. I found articles on both MTL and sub ohm coils here The 7 Best MTL Tanks on the Market Right Now 2019 [June] and here The 7 Best Sub Ohm Tanks for Clouds and Flavor 2019 [June]

I don't like either choice.

MTL doesn't give clouds according to the above article. MTL's are recommended to use with nic salts which I don't like at all and refuse to touch. They are said to work best with high nic juice and I'll either use 18 or 24 mg nicotine.. I thought that was standard.. how much higher do they want you to go? (I believe they call this Free Base - I'll either mix my own juice or use something like FreedomSmokeUSA's Wyatt Earp.)

Sub Ohm I like even Less. They have high battery drain, high liquid consumption and are expensive. Mind you i'm only going by what these articles say, I don't know how true any of these claims are. I used to buy a 5 pack of CE5 coils for around 10 bucks and they would last me at least a month each. I'm not willing to pay anymore than that.. perhaps 20 for a pack of coils IF I can get them to last a month each like I could with the CE5's. -

I Really Don't like the idea of the large fat type of tank which both the sub ohm and MTL use, at all and want something slim/tall like the CE5.

It seems if I do anything, i'll have to look into rebuildable MTL. With a Variable Voltage Mod like the Lavatube I could set any watts or volts but I won't know how any of these tanks hit unless I can try them out and compere them for myself which no e-cig vendor is gonna let me do i'm afraid.

--> Of course all of this would be moot if I could just buy the darn CE5's like I want to in the first place. So much for e-cig "Progress", seems to me like they took a step back.
Mtl rebuildables are a great choice. It may take a bit of a learning curve, but once you learn it, there is no better mtl vape....you can Taylor your vape just how you like...not sure about 3 ohm coils because those are hard to make and alot of mods might not fire resistances that high....you would have to use 32g wire for such a resistance and that's very small wire that is super springy and easy to distort while wicking....30g wire would be the thinnest I would recommend and with that you can build in the 2 ohm range....a great mtl tank to start is the doggy style rta.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Like "the wind" said, it's a whole new world out there. It's daunting the number of choices today. Flavors too.

I began with a cig-a-like called Fuma. I stopped using it long ago. I returned a year ago and started out with a JoyeTech Penguin. Great little starter while I explored the options for MTL. My brother is a DTL vaper. Big ole room filler clouds.

We both use a VapeAnt E8 now.

IMG_20190603_174453.jpg

I use a Renova Zero and Aurora Play, both by Vaporesso as backups.

IMG_20190512_082502.jpg

Shown with an Aspire Rover 30 watt mod with a 22mm Zenith tank, set at 11 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread