What happened to Mt Baker's lower-priced line of juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
They seem to be phasing out a bunch of eliquids. The good news is that if you really like one of the eliquids listed under "Sale" you can get them at a considerable bargain until they sell out.

They do have quite a few of their other flavors left on the site, but it is getting harder and harder to go through the site to find them. I usually search by alphabet, a to z, and I find it very annoying to see all these higher-priced eliquids bunched up with MBV's own flavors. I can't afford these third party vendors, which is why I started using MBV in the first place.

Anyway, I got a decent enough deal for my daughter and me using their Fourth of July code. The verification for customers in California went much more smoothly for me today, possibly because I had already used it for the first time about a week and a half ago. Hopefully shipping will go better, too. I am not used to it taking a full week for me to get my order from MBV - first you have to verify that you are a legal adult with the verification company, then MBV has to get the verification go ahead from the verification company, then call me to verify that it was me that placed the order, then process and ship the order. I ordered on a Saturday night, was called Tuesday evening by MBV to verify that I had ordered, the order shipped Wednesday or Thursday, and got my order in the mail on Friday. What a bunch of hoops to jump through. Not MBV's fault, though. They need to do this due to California's new regs. If they get caught sending orders without verification, they can face big-time fines for each infraction.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    It is a bit ironic that MBV moved out of WA due to the restrictions and now they are being hit with them just the same. They are really trying and I am sure they hate all the hoops as much as the rest of us. I wonder if the regs are impacting the prices and variety of liquids.

Glad it is working out for most of you.

Reactions: Partspro
    I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but with the FDA Deeming regs coming in to effect, I doubt anything gets cheaper.

There are plenty of other vendors with prices that are comparable to MBV, what I'm saying is that the seem to be phasing out the lower priced line bringing in higher priced lines....sorry, but I'm not paying $10 to $20 for 15mls!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    There are plenty of other vendors with prices that are comparable to MBV, what I'm saying is that the seem to be phasing out the lower priced line bringing in higher priced lines....sorry, but I'm not paying $10 to $20 for 15mls!
    This is pure speculation on my part, but they seem to be doing everything they can to ensure that they at least survive the next two years. If nothing gets changed, they won't survive after that, no one will.

In the meantime they've had to cut down their offerings because everything has to be made and bottled in large batches for consistency, no more made to order juice, and I'm guessing they chose their most popular liquids to invest in that process with. As for the more expensive lines, I'm not positive, but I think they might just be retailing those, as in they're not the manufacturer.

The industry will change a lot over the next two years, not after two years, starting now. They seem to be at least trying to remain somewhat consistent.

I don't. I DIY.

GrmpyOldMan

Sep 11, 2015
    MBV is moving to premade juices, they will, apparently, no longer be making juices to order. ALso, they are no longer doing sizes (for retail at least, wholesale is another matter entirely) larger than 30ml, 'larger' orders will be 5 or 10 30ml bottles, i.e. 150 or 300ml. And, yes, they have raised their prices a bit for the 15 and 30ml bottles by a dollar.
    But, the 30ml bottles are, at $7.99, still FAR cheaper than almost any other vendor, and the 15ml at $4.99 is cheaper than most as well.
    I suspect two factors in all this.
    1. FDA Deeming regulations.
    These new regs have already increased prices for the public for many things, PG/VG, nicotine, etc. I suspect they are seeing this even as the level of their purchases, too. Also, due to the new regs, they will have huge costs to get their products certified, so they have raised prices to help cover. Storage costs for premade juice probably also figure in, see factor 2 for more on that.
    2. Quality issues.
    Mt Baker Vapor's juice line has always had issues with consistent flavor quality. Whether this is due strictly to ingredient quality (PG/VG/Nic/flavor) or to tiny batch mixing, or both, your guess is as good as mine. While I am in no way connected to MBV except as a repeat customer for one of their juices, I have chatted with their 'customer service' on the consistency issue, and they told me then (like 3 months ago?) that they were having discussions on how to deal with the issue, and I suspect that we are seeing the results of that now. I'm hoping for both better quality ingredients, and with the obvious large batch mixing (this is how premade juices are done) better consistency between batches.
    I will also note, as an aside, that MBV is a big participant (for a Vapor store/juice maker) in the fight against the new regs, which also costs money. As a vaper, I can hardly complain about a relatively tiny price bump if it helps us all keep vaping!

I am, as always,
    GrumpyOldMan

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread