Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey,

Been a member of the community for a long time and have recently decided to sell my GGTS (2012 version, SS + Brass) but it seems like the resale value has dropped considerably. Near perfect condition used GGTS is going for around $150 and normal wear/tear used GGTS is going for around $100-125 or less. Even at these prices, it seems to be extremely hard to sell. I bought the GGTS a long time ago because it was an amazing device and with the belief that it will have a great resale value. If I remember correctly, I bought it for around $250+ maybe more with the fuse upgrade.

So, what happened?

Reactions: imeothanasis

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Seems to be the trend lately. Seems mechs no matter how desirable they were, are down in popularity.

Ive sold a few mechs recently and like yours in near mint condition but people if they even want it, want to buy it at practically "given away" prices.

In this hobby like most, buy it because YOU like it and want it. Unless you are into wheeling and dealing, the only time you can at least make back what you spent is if you buy whats "HOT" and hard to get and re sell it within a couple weeks, sometimes even less.

The big thing right now is high powered regulated box mods. To see that people are spending over a 1000. on a stabilized mod and in a month there is another "must have" and they cant get anywhere close to what they paid unless its something that was made in extreme limited numbers, like less than a 100 of them.

If you are on the buying end, right now is a great time to find great devices at practically nothing prices.

People who are getting into mechs now are going for the big battery tube mechs made of copper , brass etc. There are some real nice ones for 50.00 that blow the old school stuff away for big giant clouds. Or they want the big 3 or 4 battery box mechs for high power and long use.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
Evolution in vaping gear happened leaving many, who tried to make a HUGE profit by getting all the unicorns, with stuff costing hundreds that nobody wants.
Loving the irony, but sad about the fact many a modders has stopped doing their thing.
The wheel, however, IS slowly turning and with TPD starting to take its toll we are soon back where we left from, meaning commercial stuff is bad and all the good stuff is sold behind the scene since TPD can't hurt deals made between individuals.

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread