What have you been doing in your local community to help get the word about the FDA regs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanderist

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
Let's face it people, the FDA is after people's right to responsible pleasure.

Right now I am resurfacing on the ECF website to pass on some ideas to the younger generation of vapers reading this website. I have been submerged for sometime due to some problems I have been facing in my personal life.

What have you been doing in your local community to help get the word about the FDA regs?

So far I have been trying to stay in touch with one local Brick and Mortar shop, and at the same time I have been scoping out a local Cigar shop.

My plan is to get them working together to stop local legislation in my community.

So far though I am just in the starting phase of my operations.

As I would understand they already have their teams working together. Meaning that they are already aware of the problem presented by the FDA.

Please note, we have to keep a black market in check, because that will potentially lead to some organized crime developing. I however understand why though these people will develop a black market for vaping because they are getting desperate to find work.

We have to make sure though if an organized crime movement in the vaping world comes to be, we will not try to influence them. Do not get yourself into serious trouble!

Try to respect as much as the law as you can, but DO NOT think for a second that you are above it when a potential authority figure is near by!

Also, if your a vape builder yourself, try to teach people about the art of making a vape! Don't isolate yourself just to the Internet. Think, there's a great many of soldiers right now in the VA or former felons that could use some skill building.They are probably filled with so much self-doubt in themselves that they think they won't be able to function in society. Please be aware though, HAVE RESPECT FOR THEM! Do not treat them like cattle or salves. Take them on as apprentices!

Very Respectfully,
Zanderist

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have done very little. I have told some friends and family. I have kind of given up because it seems like when faceless bureaucrats decide to do something there is little that a small non-violent or modest means minority can do to slow them down. I joined CASSA and contribute to them but I am a stockpiling person. I got the REO, spare parts, several RM2's and enough nicotine to put it in my Will.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
The only problem with spreading the word, is we the vaping community, are the only ones who really care. Your average non-smoker doesn't give a rats .... what the FDA or anyone else does to vaping. It seems to me, those that are being directly effected, are in the know for the most part now.

The media has had enough influence to lump vaping and smoking together, once that happened, I gave up on getting any support from those unaffected by regulations on vaping. Even the argument of "what if it's you next?" has lost its luster as an argument anymore.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've sort of gave up, when I started noticing on FB that a tatted up chick in a thong bikini holding a mod gets more 'likes' and comments that an important 'Call to Action' from an advocacy group. Whatever happens happens, I guess.
I've got nic, mods, and attys enough to last me for life.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Here in Michigan the legislature shows no interest in messing with vapers. Ecig news stories are very rare here. I let my coworkers know I'm stockpiling. They are indifferent. Government interference is not a topic in the vape stores I visit. I search for vape news stories nationally and sometimes comment. It looks to me like vaping is controversial in some states and mostly ignored in others. Trump is the surprise new sheriff in town. His administration will get a lot of questions about a lot of things next year. May be they will have a view of ecig regulation that we like.

Reactions: Buster282

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Here in Michigan the legislature shows no interest in messing with vapers. Ecig news stories are very rare here. I let my coworkers know I'm stockpiling. They are indifferent. Government interference is not a topic in the vape stores I visit. I search for vape news stories nationally and sometimes comment. It looks to me like vaping is controversial in some states and mostly ignored in others. Trump is the surprise new sheriff in town. His administration will get a lot of questions about a lot of things next year. May be they will have a view of ecig regulation that we like.

It's like that here in Florida too. Other than a few local ordinances here and there, it's not really much of an issue, State wise.

Reactions: MMW and LMS62

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
daviedog,
Very wise for you to say.

Okay I need to correct myself on certain things right now, before I start making a fool of myself in real life.

Thank you for time everyone!
No you don't, you're a very even handed man to not torch me for the above.
I went through the 2011/2012 scare. We won, and the Feds came right Back.
Funny, they didn't give a damn about my 30 years of smoking..

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I am doing absolutely nothing because if you think the vaping industry has a chance of winning, you have not been around long enough to know that everyone who needed to paid off has been. The fd regs are so ridiculous that you have to know the fix is in.

Why don't the juice makers who are making a fortune put their resources together to get a dream team on this. They make it sound that they are concerned about smokers going to e-cigs. They are worried about the almighty dollar. Let them pay for it. I will not give a dime to any of these organizations.
The idea that the predicate date will be moved to 2016 is a joke. That will nullify the entire FD REGULATIONS. There are enough products on the market now to last for ever. Also, I like to add that this is one of the most greediest industry that I have ever witnessed.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I would suggest that the most effective means of combatting these sorts of govt regs is on a state and national level, not local. As Frankster says the fix is in and the money and influence have already changed hands. You are up against money, big money, and the only weapon at your disposal is votes. Votes are the one thing that big tobac and pharma can't offer the legislatures but the vape industry can. Get together sign pledges stating that you will vote for those supporting the vape industry and against those who don't. You walk in with a commitment of a significant number of votes and guess what they will listen. They like to keep their jobs just as much as you and I do.

Barring that I will simply react the very same way as I did and have done so over the last 46 years in the face of stupid regs relating to that stuff we can't mention here. They make it illegal and I ignore them and their rules. It has taken a while, decades, but such passive resistance seems to be working (that and the thoughts of tax money to be had). Don't be so hard on organized crime, at least they are honest crooks which is more than can be said for many in govt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread