What I found about my e-liquid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
I do not know what is doing it. I opened my bottle of e-liquid, set the cap it on my tv remote. A few hrs later, it seemed burned a hole where it was sitting. I don't know if it was the flavor, vg, nic or alcohol, thats doing it but my visio remote now has a circle mark as if it was stamped with a hot iron. I knew that the clove liquids crack clearomizers but I figure my remote should have a stronger plastic. I guess not.
I can just imagine what would happen if someone was to ingest a lot of nic juice.

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
I been vaping it for 3 months now. It freaked me out for a sec. But when I think about it, I am vaping it not drinking it. I guess If I put 1 ml of juice on my skin for an hour or 2 i would probably be in trouble. I am vaping 20mg nic. I think its the nic and clove thats doing it. Still a reminder to myself how dangerous this stuff can be.

Let's see...

Nicotine stains things yellow and along with tar in cigarette smoke has a way of leeching through many layers of paint when painted over. A likely candidate but not the most aggressive. Oils on the other hand melt plastic, inert oils do it slower, essential (aromatic) oils do it lightning fast.

Some alcohols can discolor plastic an make it more porous... not sure about PGA, but Isopropyl can bleach the plastic used in car interior panels.

So I think it's the cumulative effect, with flavoring (esp citrus, cinnamon, clove, pine) being the strongest factor

-[Arsenic] :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread