Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
You all have me feeling incredibly lucky for living Off-Grid. Although I don't have power at night until we hook up a small generator, at least I have it during the sunlight hours. Our panels charge overnight, as long as there is moonlight, and with 1 hour of morning sun they are fully charged and ready to play xbox or charge my phone, laptop and eCigs again. I couldn't imagine going weeks on end without power. I'll think of you poor souls as I read my novel at night with my headband reading light.

Oh! Before the solar panels were hooked up, I would charge the phone and eGo's in the car. I would run the truck 1 hour for every 4-6 hours of charging use. Never had a problem. Hubby even hooked up a black-n-decker inverter so I could charge everything in one go (has lots of sockets).

If you can swing it, I would definitely pick up a solar panel or two for your phone and ecigs or as suggested a small generator. The generator will also keep your food frozen if ran for an hour every day. During power outages, one of our neighbors used to load his generator into the back of his pick-up and make refrigerator calls. It's nice living in a small town. :) The towns people would repay him in any way they could, from gas refills to fixing the roof and the likes. Just make sure the power is diverted away from the main source first so nobody (especially the power workers) gets electrocuted accidentally.

Good luck with your research and I don't think you're being paranoid at all. Power outages happen, they're a for-sure thing. Prepare and .... maybe even help yourself to some fine homemade bread in exchange for powering up your neighbor's freezer for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread