Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Seems there is alot of talk going on about them. I was just curious what a "kick" really is. Im assuming its a way to get more power out of your batteries? Does it extend the life of the battery or add more voltage? How does kicking affect the way you vape? Does it make things warmer or make more vape?
Thank you

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
The kick is basically a Variable Wattage device, in that you set the wattage you want to vape at rather than the voltage. The "smarts" behind the kick reads the resistance of the device you are using (carto/atomizer/clearomizer) and then sets the voltage to give you the wattage you set it to :) Remeber that it is the wattage that determines the heat of the vape.

I use a kick and it is a thing of beauty! I have a LOT of different devices at varying resistance, and with the kick I don't have to remember or identify what their resistance is, I just go ahead and vape. With a Varable Voltage (VV) device, I would have to continually adjust the voltage if I changed a device.

Now, this is all meaningless if you are the type of vaper that vapes with a consistent setup and rarely change devices.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
how does the Kick do with the Saber, not that I really want to, but on another post, I think its the one where the saber wont stop firing, he had the problems after he installed the Kick. It seems if the Saber was fine before, that if you take it off it should work after. Can it cause permanent damage if not installed properly? He seem pretty irrate, said he was gonna toss his saber in the trash. LOL I told him if he was going to trash it Id take it. Even if it doesn't work , it would make for a nice paperweight.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
I just got my first Saber (hi! :)), and, as it happens, got my Kick on the same day. Put it in there, and it works great. I am not sure if it would cause permanent damage if installed wrong...

I use lots and lots of different kinds of clearos - different resistances and such - and the Kick keeps everything nicely at the same temperature, and no variation through the battery charge. Great device. :)

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Anavid, a kick in a Saber just cannot be beat!! I use a kick with an 18650 in my "kicked" edition Saber, and another kick with an 18500 in 3.7/6volt Saber. The beauty of the kick for me is that I am a Flavor Junky, and the kick allows me to set it for optimal flavor. For me batts last long with the kick since my sweet spot is 8.5 watt's. I don't like a hot vape, and I don't like throat hit. So the kick is allowing me to basically turn down the power coming from the battery(but one can also turn it up) to achieve my sweet spot. Now contrary to what is said, that you can put any atty or carto and get the same heat which would mean you get the same vape out of any atty or carto is absolutely wrong IMHO:blink: All atty's and cartos are developed different(meaning 901,801,510,306,DC, and so on) so in turn they require different heat(but not much difference) to behave the same. One thing for sure though, with a kick, you will get the same vape each and every puff out of the atty you have on the device which is a plus. My motto though, Everything needs a Lil' kick:laugh:

Also, Welcome to The Moon Briar:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread