What is 'flooding'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Stupid question I know but before I punched a cart myself I thought flooding was when there was gurgling or juice leaking out the bottom. Is this it?

It's just that after having trouble getting 50/50 DIY juice (where I included the flavour as 80%PG in making) to wick on pre-punched Boges (even if I could dry suck the liquid in I swear it would empty back out the holes into the tank seconds later) I've started to punch big holes myself in XL Boges.

They wick great but the flavour isn't as good, neither is the vapour or throat hit, and there's far less snapping and crackling. They're lasting way longer but I'm wondering if they're basically flooding? There's no gurgling and the battery connection is the driest its ever been but I'm having to rotate regular carts with the same juice as I prefer the vape. I didn't notice a difference before when the pre-punched were working on other juices.

It could be something else though? Like, with the bigger holes the airflow/vacuum of the tank is completely different. Sometimes incredibly loose, sometimes air-tight. Maybe this could be affecting it?

Otherwise I'm finding them like when I've just filled a cart and am breaking it in, except these never seem to break. Great for the life (the filler still looks great after tons of juice) but I'd happily swap a bit of that for more of a kick.

If any one has any advice please share. I practiced punching 2 smaller holes on a cart last night (still a lot bigger than what would be on a factory punched one though) and will try that when these die. Anything else?

Thanks

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
If it really is flooded, then yes it will likely be gurgly and maybe leaking. It's possible what you describe may just be a little flooding, but not enough to cause it to gurgle. However, I have experienced what you describe on a few cartos recently and it may just be a QC issue and you got a few that were out of spec, I think this is the more likely culprit

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
lol, that's priceless :lol: I'm sure many of us wish that

Since most cartos are mass-produced by the thousands in China, I don't see them upping their game any time soon. It's just a fact of life that you get some bad ones once in a while. You can usually go a really long stretch without any issues, then suddenly have a box or two that gives you fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread