What is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Strange brown coloured stain under the wrap like there is some liquid in there. Is it even possible for these cells to leak near the negative end? This cell has never been stressed at all.

wemSEAj.jpg

Reactions: stols001

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

I'd love to agree, it is likely that juice may penetrate any small fissure in the wrapping. Heat expansion and contraction can draw it in, I'd surmise. But I can't help but wonder if there may be some localized overheating of the cell in play. All too often coincident I've seen arc breaks in wraps at these locations. More than enough for me to feel comfortable. So I'm always having to check for resistance changes in these suspect bats. Annoying. In fairness I haven't seen a correlation as some very badly stained bats remain very stable for int res. More often than not these disfigured cells seem to degrade faster, if marginally. I'm not a good test case though as I seldom retain batts for high-power use with a res over 100mΩ. They just get re-wrapped and relegated to low var power mods. Better safe.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
I'd love to agree, it is likely that juice may penetrate any small fissure in the wrapping. Heat expansion and contraction can draw it in, I'd surmise. But I can't help but wonder if there may be some localized overheating of the cell in play. All too often coincident I've seen arc breaks in wraps at these locations. More than enough for me to feel comfortable. So I'm always having to check for resistance changes in these suspect bats. Annoying. In fairness I haven't seen a correlation as some very badly stained bats remain very stable for int res. More often than not these disfigured cells seem to degrade faster, if marginally. I'm not a good test case though as I seldom retain batts for high-power use with a res over 100mH. They just get re-wrapped and relegated to low var power mods. Better safe.

I edited my post I don't think is made from juice.#7 and #9

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I edited my post I don't think is made from juice.#7 and #9

Perhaps the chicken and egg question but…what created the perforation?

(I can't escape checking the res.)

p.s. Thanks for the link, I missed that thread.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Normally rewrap yes but this is a known issue with this battery. There is no point rewrapping as it will happen again. It's just a, IDK, a thing. But the batteries are safe tons of folks use them.

Save your rewrapping for like a nick or a tear. If it was another battery that COULD be juice perforation in which case, certainly rewrap it. But this one, you are fine.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Attack of the battery snatchers! What you are witnessing is a virus that was developed by counterfeit battery produces made to clone legit batteries. Although successful at visually cloning legit batteries, they are not successful at functionally cloning legit batteries. Should you come upon a multitude of similar looking batteries within your collection, DO NOT USE THEM…can’t stress that enough. Instead report the findings to your regional Men In Black agencies or create a conspiracy video on YouTube. And use cats for clickbait!

Or you can follow other members advice and not worry. ;)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Attack of the battery snatchers! What you are witnessing is a virus that was developed by counterfeit battery produces made to clone legit batteries. Although successful at visually cloning legit batteries, they are not successful at functionally cloning legit batteries. Should you come upon a multitude of similar looking batteries within your collection, DO NOT USE THEM…can’t stress that enough. Instead report the findings to your regional Men In Black agencies or create a conspiracy video on YouTube. And use cats for clickbait!

Or you can follow other members advice and not worry. ;)

I've long suspected they had gremlins in 'em. But I'll take their temp anyway, jus no chicken soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread