What is the best atomizer foir bottom feed mods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Man I use to have the same problem. Please, please, please keep an open mind because I am not trying to offend in any way.

Yes, I believe you are over feeding. I know I know....you've vaped for a long time and you feel like if there was a learning curve, you'd be past it, but the fact is that some attys are just freaking tough to use regardless of how long you've been sportin' a bottomfeeder! I'd be willing to bet you are using a 510 atty and the reason I say this is because 510's are by and large the most finicky to use. Trust me! I've had countless mouthfuls of juice just like you and even after I have found the sweet spot for an atty, I still sometimes overfeed! With some attys, if you squeeze the bottle until you see juice at the battery connection, you've over fed. Yeah, I'm serious. With some finicky attys, even a blind squonk may be too much unless you are extra careful. Heck, try using a HH357.....unless everything is just perfect (amount of juice in atty, drawing at exactly the right speed, drawing the exact amount of time) you are gonna end up with a tongue coated in juice.

Now, there are a few ways you can fix the problem. The first one you already discovered. If you create a choke point in the air flow between your mouth and the heating element, it will greatly reduce the amount of juice that ends up in your mouth. The vapemate creates such a choke point....so does an empty cartridge....so does that pyrex drip tip that was recommended earlier. Using a choke point will greatly increase the margin of error, but it will not completely eliminate the problem.

The second is to draw slower...but that is going to end up frustrating you because you've already discovered the perfect draw speed for the atty to get the thickest vapor possible out of that atty and who wants less vapor?!?

The third way is to feed less. I already stated that feeding to the point where you see juice in the battery connection is too much for some attys....give it another go feeding it even less (again, I am not trying to offend). You may surprise yourself, even if you've been vaping 5 years with the same atty and mod.

The fourth is to change the atty you are using. Each and every atty has a list of advantages and disadvantages and one of the things that I use to judge an atty is the margin of error on over/under feeding. 306 attys are more forgiving but not all 306 attys are created equal. The two most forgiving attys I've ever found (and they happen to be 2 of my 3 favorites) are cisco spec 306 (from avidvapor....get the one with the bridge intact for an extra little boost in the margin of error) and the io6 from IKV (this atty is almost impossible to flood to the point of juice in your mouth). 901s are also more forgiving than 510s but their airier draw isn't a favorite of most people. I'm glad the option is out there for the people who love 'em, but I ain't one of em.

I hope this helps and I hope I didn't offend. Keep working at it and I'm sure you'll be able to turn all the juice in your atty into vapor instead of mouth wash. Good luck!

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
A Vapemate on top of a Reo? Does seem to be a bit of an overkill as well making for a very ungainly and hard to handle beast. I only have two Mini's and tried one of my Vapemates on the Reo, and it is ergonomically a disaster. I have extenders, but it would end up looking like a real kludge.

Normally, I use the Vapemates with my BuzzPro of Provari at home/office. My juices are 70PG/30VG/10 mg DIY which are flavored to taste. The Reo is my out and about vape because it is small and fits into my hand comfortably. Use 510 LR and 306 LR on the Reo and 510 HR on the BuzzPro and Provari.

On the Vapemates, I use neither the tube or o ring.

The Reo's never gurgle, and my Vapemates only gurgle when I get sloppy with squeezing the bottle which normally happens only when there is only a little bit of juice left in the bottle, so I swap out/top off a bottle when it is a 1/4 full.

The Vapemate and Reo have made vaping so much more enjoyable and both, for me at least, individuallly have been reliable and foolproof.

Nobody is saying that you do not have valid issues. This is just one of those baffling issues in the vaping world where one user reports problems and the other is quite happy.

IMHO, there has got to be another solution to using both a vapemate and a bottom feeder together.

I have noticed that threads on some 510's seem to be a tad longer these days, and there is a gap left which does cause some seepage of juice. On the Buzz, I can adjust the screw at the base to accomodate that.

The only other thing may have to do with your vaping style. Long deep draws at 6 v might get the atty really hot, but it will cool very quickly as well causing juice to condense.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
The best atty for my chain vaping style on REOs is the HH .357 1.5s from AvidVapers. They are pricey at 21.99 but there is nothing else like them for flavor and vapor. I was a Cisco 306 1.5 fanboy before, but the HH357s are even better, more consistent, and are much less maintenance in the cleaning department. The TH is similar to a Cisco 1.5 LR. I have one 3 weeks old that I've barely stopped using (4ml per day) on a Grand and another one I have been using 2 days on a Mini.

If you can afford it, these things are fantastic. They feed well, nothing ever ends up in the catch cup, but there is a slight learning curve to squonk them properly. It takes less of a squeeze than a 306. They still have terrific vapor and flavor even if flooded, but you can get juice in your mouth, so a good drip tip is recommended especially during the break-in 24 hours when they are prone to spitting. After broken in, the spitting goes away and only my first one did that. 2nd one never did spit.

I just ordered two more - one for my 3rd REO and one 3.0 for HV on my Grand because they have totally spoiled me and I wasn't vaping the 306s anymore. Another good feature is they don't leak, haven't had to wipe off my Reos once since I put these on and I tend to tip the REO when I vape. Jury is still out on how long they last, but hoping I don't have to buy another for a long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread