What is the best beginners, RBA to start with????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglips

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Cocoa Fl
Ok, I'm convinced that I need a rba. I’ve read a bunch of post about SS mesh, hemp cotton and quite frankly the more I read the more I get confused.

So lets make it nice and simple.

What is the best beginners, rba to start with, i.e. simple to use, rebuild and works without having to drill bigger air holes, or other such modifications.

What would be a good beginners gauge of wire to start off with?

Is it best to use wire single strand or twist it then wrap?

Wick material, what do you all recommend Cotton, Hemp, hair from a basset hound etc. ?

Feel free to add anything else.

Thanks all.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Ok, I'm convinced that I need a RBA. I’ve read a bunch of post about SS mesh, hemp cotton and quite frankly the more I read the more I get confused.

So lets make it nice and simple.

What is the best beginners, RBA to start with, i.e. simple to use, rebuild and works without having to drill bigger air holes, or other such modifications.

What would be a good beginners gauge of wire to start off with?

Wick material, what do you all recommend Cotton, Hemp, hair from a basset hound etc. ?

Feel free to add anything else.

Thanks all.

Exactly the reason why the word Beginners and the Acronym RBA are contradictions!

Seriously anyone can do it regardless if they are new to eCigs or not.

The only real bit of kit I would suggest is a multimeter or some other way of measuring atomizer Resistance like if you have a ProVari or some other APV that can do the same.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
a dripping RBA is a good place to start. It can be used with mesh but wick works just fine I use silica but its your call weather to use cotton. Then after you've mastered that go for a Gennie they are all good the Chinese knockoff work and are cheap but I personally have a conscious and prefer to by from the original designers of the atty. An Ihybrid is probably one of the easiest to work with lots of space.
My best advice is do lots of reading and youtubing then take what you learned and mix them all together. One of the best RBAs IMO is the GP Spheroid.

OOps almost forgot 32 guage Kanthel A1 is easy wire to use but 28 guage is eaiser to get LR coils with.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Best if it is a female grizzly with cubs...the milk and rubbing from the cubs makes the belly hair more absorbent for the juice...
Good point all the suckling breaks down the hair fiber and makes for better absorption. Also everyone knows Grizzly sow belly hair has better ductility

Veyf

Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
... prefer to by from the original designers of the atty. ...

I agree 100%, however the (unavoidable) costs of these devices and the availability of them can be brutal at times.
The Spheroid is one of the few RBAs I would consider buying at UK retail price. But I think the last shipment we got in the country lasted little more than a few minutes.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I agree 100%, however the (unavoidable) costs of these devices and the availability of them can be brutal at times.
The Spheroid is one of the few RBAs I would consider buying at UK retail price. But I think the last shipment we got in the country lasted little more than a few minutes.
Very true I got a second one from
vaporart a last weekend was not cheap buy any stretch! But its one the best RBAs and in its own class. IMG_0891.jpg

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
any of the phoenix clones would be best bet for first time, silica wick is more forgiving then mesh when wrapping coils and works just fine.

single - twisting is a slightly more advanced step.

silica is cheap and works fine, people move to cotton as it is said it tastes cleaner.

no matter what keep reading and asking questions.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Did you get yours? I'm hesitating because I'm not sure about using silica wick re just might nit want to get used to it because there might be something better. And I read enough to think 32 gage. On the wire. This'll be a beginners rba and it's all in my shopping cart with "referred" as the 10% off code. But it said eye glass size screws. This is both good and bad in my mind. But my mind works weird. Good because I see these pics of rba insides people post and they look very rough and globby. Thought small screw would make it more refined. With that in mind does seem like I should keep reading? I have a DID clone collecting dust....I'm not ready to get discouraged and something tells me there is something easier for me out there. I prefer dripping too and this has a tank. Which I'm not sure I get .... And the video wasn't there...Oh...you tube. Maybe I should watch them first? I intimidate easily anything technology. Took me about 15 years to finally start computing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread