What is the best eliquid flavor for ex-cigarette-smoker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
Plain and simple. Unflavored nic base.

This is from several people on here, as well as my father and mother. Also, 2 of my dad's friends I make the unflavored for. Unflavored nic base is immediately said to resemble a marlboro light by everyone that has tried it.

I think they only reason it taste like marlboro lights is because after all the years of smoking they have almost no flavor to the smoker.

Reactions: Grimwald

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Avoid most of the "USA Red", "Tobacco" (no details), etc. flavors, e.g. gas station juice. Some are workable, but I have one that I could use as a flavor concentrate for adding that old-shoe sort of useful but dangerous tobacco flavor, whatever causes that. I found a decent Marbo but it still was a bit lacking flavor. Lack of flavor may be realistic but not really what I want. And starting out is even worse for getting adequate flavor. Part is technique and hardware. I started with some My Freedom Smokes tobaccos and I maybe ought to give them a chance again because they like the subtle side. I also used a 2nd device with and alternate flavor which I recommend. I used a mix of chocolate, menthol and tobacco then.

Tobacco is a unique flavor and subject to interpretation. I think it will always be important in vaping. The one maker I talked to said he avoids producing all-tobacco flavors, or describing his flavors as tobacco even when they are, since some vapers consider it a bad word. Finding food-based flavors that also seem unique and immersive is harder but keep at it. If you can, go to a vape store if possible that has some decent clearos (not all worn out) to try their flavors. Otherwise look for recommendations and be prepared to try a lot.

My favorites:
    Goodejuice Patriot 12 mg, EVOD 6W cotton
    Naturally Extracted Tobacco LLC, NS Dark, extra extract 9 mg, EVOD 6W cotton
    Uncle Junk's Fog Cabin, Key Stone (key lime cheesecake) 6 mg, mini Protank 2 6W cotton
    Interstate 95 Happy Endings
    nicoticket, Creme Brulee
    Vapin Kicks Ash, 9X tobacco
    also in current rotation for dripping, etc:
    Mount Baker, 555 (sweet)
    Vapor Connection, iSpades RY4 (strange but thick)
    Vapin, Strawberries and Cream
    worth a try but not for me:
    Charlie Noble, Tripoli
    Good but not mustering the cost at moment:
    Uncle Junk's, Jon Wayne
    Halo, Freedom Smoke
    Standard Vape (didn't buy because one large size)

emc1

Mar 19, 2015
    Chicago
    You dont have to give up the smoking experience. When you finish your meal and turn the lights low, turn up the charlie parker, and reach for your giant sub ohm low nic watermelon cloud machine, oops....i meann low power, small, simply flavored ecigarettte youll be glad you didnt give in to the hype on ecf. Jk guys vape what ya like. Im vaping ry1 for a tobacco experience. Look it up here on ecf.

sawman65

Mar 28, 2014
    east TN.
    I bought my vaporizer a month ago, completely gave up analogs 16 days ago. I was a pack a day smoker for 16 years and when I went into my local vape shop I thought I was gonna "need" Newport flavored juices...to my surprise, I liked the fruity flavors. My 1st set of juices were Jolly Rancher and Icy Menthol (yes, I still enjoyed the menthol). Now I've moved on to all types of flavors-Butterscotch, Watermelon, Skittles, Cinnamon Bear Claw and Vanilla-no menthol needed. I think I get a kick out of trying all the flavors-so many more choices than the death sticks...lol
    good job and welcome to the group lots of good people here!

thirtyfiveandalive

Apr 30, 2015
    good job and welcome to the group lots of good people here!

Thank you!! I'm so happy I found yall! Not a whole lot of support groups out there for ex smokers who now vape. There's either the super-duper vaper people who are building mods all the time for the heck of it, or the quit smoking forums who REFUSE to let you talk about vaping since "it hasn't been proven safe yet"...This place feels like home.

sawman65

Mar 28, 2014
    east TN.
    Thank you!! I'm so happy I found yall! Not a whole lot of support groups out there for ex smokers who now vape. There's either the super-duper vaper people who are building mods all the time for the heck of it, or the quit smoking forums who REFUSE to let you talk about vaping since "it hasn't been proven safe yet"...This place feels like home.
    you will still run into the hobyist vapers (cloud chasers) but many on here just use the vaper for a replacement for real cigs. i just use the pro tanks on the i-sticks and it works for me no bells and wistles just a good vape with out taking out a loan. i do build my own coils though kangers coils just suck so bad!

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
    Apr 12, 2014
    Some ways away from koala forests
    I just recently had a soon-ex-smoker ask me this question and answer is that it depends.

If there are vape shops in your location you should drop in to sample the flavours (and then buy small bottles of the preferred ones to confirm findings). Having friends who already vape would of course be a great source of samples and advice.

If one is ordering online pick a popular brand (eg. one having its own thread here in ECF) and order a half a dozen or more their most recommended or popular tobacco flavours to establish your own taste map. If Virginia, Flue Cured or Camel of Popular Brand X hits the right notes it'll be easy to find more stock or suggestions for similar flavours in alternative brands.

Besides the flavour, having the right vaping gear combined with the right nic content and PG/VG mix can make all the difference to some people. Simple clearomizers with high-resistance coils (1.5ohm to 2.1ohm and above) are designed for the less viscous (70-80% PG / 20-30% VG) off the shelf liquids with 12mg to 24mg nicotine. Pack-a-day smoker could start at 16-18mg.

More ambitious low or sub-ohm tanks with higher-powered devices are usually paired with thicker 50% to 100% VG liquid with lower 6-12mg nic content. The greater wattage and vapour volume compensates for the lower nic.

A combination of reliable gear and the right liquid tends to do the trick for two thirds of smokers. Some people are still left with cravings though, and for them the anwer might lie with NET (naturally extracted tobacco) or WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) liquids which can be added to regular juice in small amounts to add that missing chemical kick.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I prefer the NETs from Heathers Heavanly Vapes
    Pirates Booty is my #1 choice, followed by Dragon Fire and Legend
    I also make my own NETs from real tobacco ( pipe blends)

My wife has been using HHV NET tobaccos for 2 years. Her favorite is Dragon's Fire, but occasional Pirate's Booty. She buys it at twice her nic level and cuts in by 50% with plain PG/VG. So I guess you could say she likes Dragon's Fire...but only 1/2 of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread