WHAT IS THE BEST VAPE TOOL KIT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty8_4life

Apr 28, 2015
Hi everyone. ...i am getting into rebuilding and have been lookin at tool kits to buy to rebuild... i am leaning towards one called the vape kit but it is the most expensive at 49 dol. With ceramic tweezers. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good kit with ohm meter, ceramic tweezer, pliers, cutters and screwdrivers that come in carrying case....thanks

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Harbor Freight 18" tool bag
cotton balls
round wooden toothpick
Kanthal wire spools
nail clippers or wire cutters
Kayfun atomizer tool, or Precision screwdriver set
tweezers
Coiling Gizmo (with #8 thumb screw, wing nut, and 3 #8 flat washers) or Kuro coiler, or drill bits
Atomizer resistance box, or DMM, or your mod 's resistance feature
Nitecore I4
Strainer for bathroom/kitchen drain.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Some tape to hold the wire to the spool before clipping the wire length. That little slot in the spool sometimes just doesn't hold that piece of wire well. :facepalm:

Haha
Good call!

I re-cut the slots on my spools as soon as they arrive and add a piece of tape to the spool to hold it down.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I don't like kits cause they have three of what I don't need and none of what I do.

Soooooooooooooooo......................

Micro screwdriver kit from Harbor freight or Lowes or where ever. They are all cheap so get a good one.

Ceramic tweezers. God I love these. Online or a vape shop. Have an idea of what they cost as many vape shops are very proud of theirs.

Needle nose pliers. Now any cheap set will work but the round jawed ones from Hobby Lobby are fantastic for coils. Sold for jewelry making you'll swear they are for coil makers.

Good pair of small scissors. Good ones are not cheap. Cheap ones are. I have cheap ones. I'm gonna pony up and get a decent pair soon.

Micro wire cutter or nail clippers. I use the wire cutters. For three bucks I like then.

Ohm meter. I have afew of them. I hate the expensive one. HATE IT!!!!! Super cheap one was good but didn't last long. Only good for building decks on now. Middle one is just right. Good luck to you.

Micro torch if you want one. I love the Harbour Freight one.

Multimeter. Its actuall the free gift from HF. Seriously.

Reactions: David Wolf

silvertorch

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Chicago
Like many have posted, pretty much all of the kits that are available come with a nice box and foam cut outs with ....ty tools. You are better off putting a toolkit your self.

Here is what I have in mine.

Precision Phillips Screwdriver
Precision Screwdriver
Coil Jig
Flush Wire Cutter
Tweezers or a Tweezer set
Ceramic Tweezers (optional)
Pliers or Needle nose pliers
Scissors (I found scissors at home)
Ohm checker (I like this one since its USB rechargeable)
Pelican Micro Case to hold it all (Went with Pelican since its crush proof)

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have the Coil Master V3. It's not essential, but it does make it a cinch to wrap perfect coils. Before the Coil Master, I simply wrapped my coils around drill bits.

Other than that, I used tools that I had laying around the house.

Oh, I bought an ohm reader, that doubles as my building deck. That's an essential piece if equipment since I primary vape on mechanical mods.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
the cosmetics aisle is the place to find dandy items like small funny shaped scissors, all kinds of clippers, nippers, and pickers, all shapes of tweezers and squeezers; heck at one time i was looking at a cosmetics box as possibly a box for vape stuff but i'm leaning more towards a small cooler.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
the cosmetics aisle is the place to find dandy items like small funny shaped scissors, all kinds of clippers, nippers, and pickers, all shapes of tweezers and squeezers; heck at one time i was looking at a cosmetics box as possibly a box for vape stuff but i'm leaning more towards a small cooler.

Not to mention those outstanding 7-step nail buffers with just about every grit you might need to buff and polish out everything from stubborn oxidation and stains to small scratches on your devices. And to go from satin to mirror finish or the other way.

Good luck and a great holiday.

:)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I would be happy to find a small Philips that is magnetized. I did the magnet trick, but it doesn't seem to last.

I made a home made kit. In my Rose kit I got another lil' blue screwdriver, but it is 2.97 mm thick. Not like the others. Great for coiling.

Yes, a set of calipers is great to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread