What is the difference between the 901 and 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Great input/thoughts/opinions from everyone and aside from my previous thoughts...am in total agreement with! :thumb:

Trueman E-cig has a manual 901 version called the Truman 901C available. The price is unbelievable. I've purchased other items from them with no complains but have no experience with this specific model so I do not know if their battery is sealed or not. Here's the link: TRUEMAN-901C_DSE901 (118MM)_E- Cigarette_TRUEMAN ECIG Passthrough RN4081 M401 510 801C 901C DSE084 DSE901 DSE801 DSE103 - I can tell you that I've purchased a DSE-801 and DSE-901 from them and the atomizers and batteries for both had SLB and serial numbers stamped into them. Oh....and they all work just fine.

Last edited:

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
I totally like the looks and balance of the 510 over the 901. The throat hit also beats the 901. I get plenty of flavor from both, so that is not an issue with me. The manual batts are the clincher. The incredible control of the manual batts is the reason they are scrambling to get a manual batt 901 out. But then, what do you have? - A slightly longer 510 with a whistletip. Still not good enough for me, because I also LOVE the Joye products and know where they are coming from. With a 901, you'll find you often play wherzitborn(?).

sgupta

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Just to contribute, I'm in the same boat and considering the 510 or 901, and I think based on this thread, which has also helped me immensely, for now, the 510 it is...

My main reason is that it seems the 901's sealed manual batteries aren't really out in the mainstream yet, and it would make more sense to wait (to me) if I want to try that. On a similar note, no PCC yet either, and that's a big factor.

The PCC and the manual battery options are a big plus for the 510 as I just want something that works, works well, and is a mature product. If I decide flavor is an issue, I now at least know about the 901 and can take a look a bit later down the line assuming I find I really enjoy vaping (which I think I will).

As to the question about the difference between a sealed and unsealed battery, I can venture a guess but I'm not 100% sure on it - this is from a discussion I read previous, so please wait for someone who knows for sure, but I think *unsealed* batteries have a hole in them (like the autos) that allows air through and sealed does not, so the advantage of sealed should be you can't flood or get liquid in them or otherwise damage them... Like I said, I could very well be wrong about this as I'm still learning. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread