What is the difference?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymopar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida, escaped from NY
I know most, if not all of you are smoking PV's and E-cigs, because it got you off the cancer sticks and thus the similarities is what pushed you in this direction in the first place. What would be interesting to know is what are the DIFFERENCES that make you love these devices. For the brief few days I have been on ECF I have noticed that these devices aren't just a cigarette or tobacco replacement, but they actually seem like hobbyist devices!

So give me some inside, inspiration, and steer me to some of your cool idea's/feelings about the devices, e-liquids, modifications, etc.

Fill me with knowledge...I'm not even a jedi yet! ;)

Anthony

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
I obviously can't speak for everyone but I can tell you what I find different. It's only been about a week of no Cigs for me, so take that into consideration when reading my differences.

1. Money. I smoked about 30 cigs a day. At $5.45 a pack that equates to about $8.17 a day on smoking. As of today I would have spent $49.05 on Cigarettes. Ive spent about $105 on my PV, but my current equipment should last me for at least a few more months. To be fair, lets say a month and a half. That's $367 compared to my $105. After my equipment needs replacing, Ill spend about $20 on new Carto's and probably another $20 on more juice, bringing my total up to $145. That still isnt even close to the $367 I would have spent on Analogs.

2. Smell. Smoking stinks. Really, it does. I don't stink anymore. My clothes smell good. My car smells good.

3. I can Vape at my desk @ work without bothering anyone.

4. Cleaner. Im not constantly emptying my ashtrays or wiping up run away ashes.

5. I think it's also safe to say that it being a hobbyist device is also keeping me occupied and my mind off the Analogs (plus its sorta fun !!).

6. This one is huge for me... I recently went and saw the Hunger Games with my two little neices. I was able to sit through the ENTIRE two hour movie without having to leave to go have a few puffs off an Analog. I sat right there in the Theatre and did it, no one said a word. I was in the back.. but yeah.. that rocked.

Last edited:

tonymopar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida, escaped from NY
Awesome Sissylala. Definitely a ton of change in the pocket after we quit. And the health factor is a super plus for me. I definately don't feel crappy any more (on this for 3 months). But I really liked what you said about the quality time you can spend with your neices! AWESOME AWESOME. Keep it going. It only get's better from here.

I obviously can't speak for everyone but I can tell you what I find different. It's only been about a week of no Cigs for me, so take that into consideration when reading my differences.

1. Money. I smoked about 30 cigs a day. At $5.45 a pack that equates to about $8.17 a day on smoking. As of today I would have spent $49.05 on Cigarettes. Ive spent about $105 on my PV, but my current equipment should last me for at least a few more months. To be fair, lets say a month and a half. That's $367 compared to my $105. After my equipment needs replacing, Ill spend about $20 on new Carto's and probably another $20 on more juice, bringing my total up to $145. That still isnt even close to the $367 I would have spent on Analogs.

2. Smell. Smoking stinks. Really, it does. I don't stink anymore. My clothes smell good. My car smells good.

3. I can Vape at my desk @ work without bothering anyone.

4. Cleaner. Im not constantly emptying my ashtrays or wiping up run away ashes.

5. I think it's also safe to say that it being a hobbyist device is also keeping me occupied and my mind off the Analogs (plus its sorta fun !!).

6. This one is huge for me... I recently went and saw the Hunger Games with my two little neices. I was able to sit through the ENTIRE two hour movie without having to leave to go have a few puffs off an Analog. I sat right there in the Theatre and did it, no one said a word. I was in the back.. but yeah.. that rocked.

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Differences I love:

My breathing is so much clearer and better now, and my sinus allergies have improved drastically.
I can vape practically anywhere, and most importantly, INSIDE my own home (I never smoked inside).
Never having to urgently run out to the store for cigarettes.
My kids knowing Mom FINALLY quit smoking.
No more dirty ashes, butts and dirty smells.
Lots of interesting flavors to make it fun!

Oh, and the taste...I never actually liked the taste of cigarettes, I liked smoking. I can always find a tasty vape :)

tonymopar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida, escaped from NY
wow your Allergies drastically improved?! Now that is what I'm talking about in regards to health benefits. I never had allergies, but it is good to find another side benefit to tell people. I do notice the freedom. Not only can I now smoke in my house, but I've also smoked on an international flight to Japan!!! and yes that was an 11 hour flight!! that was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Tina, any e-juice recommendations?

Differences I love:

My breathing is so much clearer and better now, and my sinus allergies have improved drastically.
I can vape practically anywhere, and most importantly, INSIDE my own home (I never smoked inside).
Never having to urgently run out to the store for cigarettes.
My kids knowing Mom FINALLY quit smoking.
No more dirty ashes, butts and dirty smells.
Lots of interesting flavors to make it fun!

Oh, and the taste...I never actually liked the taste of cigarettes, I liked smoking. I can always find a tasty vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread