What is the "right" vaping experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPSNOSPACE

Dec 6, 2015
Hi everyone

Recently tried a few flavors from my colleagues, I loved it, but I'm unable to replicate the same feel despite using the same juices, and same tank; albeit a different build

A short description of what I'm getting from my colleagues:

(Colleague 1 on TFV4 Mini, 26AWG Kanthal, 22Watts) Guava, when inhaled, I can taste a bit of the juice at the back of my tongue, like I really ate a red guava. With my tank (TFV4 Mini + Snow wolf), I get the flavor when I inhale, but the throat hit is strong and when exhaled, there is no after taste.

(Colleague 2 on Bellus RTA, 28AWG Kanthal,18Watts) Honey Dew: Experience is more or less the same as colleague one. The after taste is like Pokka's Melon Milk (also one of my favourite beverages). But like the same as above, I'm unable to replicate the same after taste. Is having spitback what I'm looking for? I'm relatively new to this, and am not sure what term is the experience I'm looking for is called.

I'm looking to get an after taste, how do I achieve that? Could it be the wicking? The tank? The coils? Or wattage?

I'm currently using the TFV4 Mini RCA deck with spaced Clapton coils(0.85 Ohms) + Puff Cottons, I tried firing at different ranges, but the results are all the same; basically left with a dry mouth

Any insights from the experts here would help me a great deal in my flavor chase. Thanks!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
there are soooo many variables involved with the hardware that it could be even just one thing that will throw off the experience...
wire gauge, number of wraps, wick material, watt settings, battery strength, wick density, juice differences in PG/VG ratios, nic level differences, atty, mod, air draw settings.... only way you will be able to replicate what they have is to have what they have... :)

Reactions: Baditude

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Could be the way it's wicked. Cotton might be too tight inside the coil and or in the juice channels, try using a bit less. Did you notice how high from the deck colleague 1&2 had their coils set? Also, I'd highly recommend Japanese cotton over organic puffs, big difference in wicking speed and flavor IMO. Keep fiddling with it, you'll get there!

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread