What is this sorcery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamasquito

Aug 31, 2018
Hello, got a bit of a problem here.
I installed coils to my dead rabbit (rta) and everything was fine, put it back together and checked the ohms again and it dropped alot and i think a coil hit the metal covering the deck.

So i tried fixing it by lowering the coils and checked them again, glows fine no issues i can see of but the resistance is way off, no clue what the hell changed.

It was perfect until i put it together and had to fix it, now i cant get it to hit the correct ohms.
Should be around .13 and its about .21 atm.

Any ideas?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sorcery was originally a Roman word referring to people who attempted to predict the future. That’s probably not what you mean though.

Yeah. You or whoever made the coils messed up the calculations or measurements. If you wrapped the coils the solution is simple. Wire is cheap. If it’s not working right I generally just do it over.
If they’re store bought coils the solution is also simple. Don’t buy that brand of coils again. Their quality control seems to be poor. Meanwhile I’d just wick it and vape it. .26 is a totally decent ohm rating for DL.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello, got a bit of a problem here.
I installed coils to my dead rabbit (rta) and everything was fine, put it back together and checked the ohms again and it dropped alot and i think a coil hit the metal covering the deck.

So i tried fixing it by lowering the coils and checked them again, glows fine no issues i can see of but the resistance is way off, no clue what the hell changed.

It was perfect until i put it together and had to fix it, now i cant get it to hit the correct ohms.
Should be around .13 and its about .21 atm.

Any ideas?
Are you sure the original # was the correct ohm? Perhaps you had a sliver of metal on the deck or something.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Prebuilt framed claptons, ss and kanthal if i remember correctly.
.26 per coil so it should come as .13, i messed around with it and got it closer to the point its supposed to be works okay but the coils are .....
Thanks for help anyways :)
I generally get very little use out of exotic coil builds. They rarely work any better than plain wraps and then only for certain things. It’s a gimmick.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I generally get very little use out of exotic coil builds. They rarely work any better than plain wraps and then only for certain things. It’s a gimmick.
That depends on how you vape but I somewhat agree. I like big dense clouds with alot of flavor. The coils I use are alot better than simple round wire but are not wildly exotic.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Prebuilt framed claptons, ss and kanthal if i remember correctly.
.26 per coil so it should come as .13, i messed around with it and got it closer to the point its supposed to be works okay but the coils are .....
Thanks for help anyways :)

are you saying your reading changed between the time you first mounted the coils and wicked it, to the time you reassembled the RTA for vaping?

If so, check how closely you trimmed the wire to the post. On some RTA's there simply is no room between the deck and the chimney and if you haven't trimmed perfectly you may get wire touching the chimney.. normally it will ground out and not fire on a regulated mod, but on rare occasions it may simply change the ohms reading ever so slightly.

Go by feel, if you can feel your wire ends sticking out then trim more closely..

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread