Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ok so I found protected batteries lol specifically say do not use for e cigarettes hahahah damnit
All ecig batteries say that now. It’s a liability thing. People have put new more powerful batteries in old unvented mechs (which you totally do not have. That’s the most vented mech I’ve ever seen) and managed to effectively create pipe bombs and blow themselves up.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
I think the atty was made with this connection cause I can't get it to come apart. I put it in a vice a really tried to the point we're I thought it would get damaged and backed off.

Attachments

• 15522377851402567693306273645647.jpg
    15522377851402567693306273645647.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
All ecig batteries say that now. It’s a liability thing. People have put new more powerful batteries in old unvented mechs (which you totally do not have. That’s the most vented mech I’ve ever seen) and managed to effectively create pipe bombs and blow themselves up.

So what your saying is buy these batteries. I want to vape this dinosaur bad damn thing looks like a cloud monster. My buddy told me the battery was a little longer than normal that he had to find a charger that worked, and he did use it he said one puff and he would fog his whole room out and the flavor was great. He also said he found a guy here in town that makes coils, so now I'm on the hunt again.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Buddy gave it to me today. I know it's a rda but does it really hit as hard as the battery can pump out. It's solid brass btw

Here's Grimm getting all aroused about your not quite unusual freebie (mebe a clone)…

Might actually hit well. Not that there's anything wrong with 3-post, I'd ditch the dripper. Wouldn't waste the hot water. Friggin gross.

Good luck. :)

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I'm sorry I'm new to this rebuilding thing this is what I ment. The atomizer doesn't have the regular little connector my crown has
That's the top cap and adjustable 510 pin connected to the atty. Unscrew the knurled part from the rda and you can put a different one on it. That is an AR mod. It has a regular 510 connection. To adjust, it screw the whole pin in until it is tight to the atty, then back out the top part until the battery fits snug (not too tight) with no rattle.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So what your saying is buy these batteries. I want to vape this dinosaur bad damn thing looks like a cloud monster. My buddy told me the battery was a little longer than normal that he had to find a charger that worked, and he did use it he said one puff and he would fog his whole room out and the flavor was great. He also said he found a guy here in town that makes coils, so now I'm on the hunt again.
Ummm... maaaybe? Need to know if they’re reliable or not and the make and model hasn’t been mentioned as far as I can see so I got no clue if they’re any good or not. @Mooch ’s blog has all kinds of battery testing data for what is a good battery and what isn’t.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
image-jpg.542994

Above is a "true hybrid" mech mod. The dedicated atty has 20x1 threads which attaches directly to the body of the mod; there is no top cap with a 510 connector.

-vgod-pro-mech-2-.jpg

Above is an example of a "faux hybrid" or direct battery mech mod. There is no center pin in the 510 connector. The atomizer attachment used MUST have an extended center pin to make contact with the battery. Without the extended center pin the battery will make contact with the atomizer's 510 and create a short circuit.

510-connection-pin-550x329.jpg

Some mechs come with a choice of top caps: either with a normal 510 center pin or without (faux hybrid).

20160129_151013-1-jpg.529201

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread