What is your diamond in the rough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I am not one for buyng all name-brand items. most of my vape gear is from companies that aren't in the spotlight, or have quite a tarnished reputation about them. However, I found that most of my gear works.. well.. great. about a year and a half ago, Kayfuns were the rage. I, however, decided to go with something called a Fogger V4. Now, it's not an atomizer that got particularly bad reviews.. it got pretty decent reviews. but people preferred the Kayfuns. A few months ago, I misplaced the fill screw and set it aside... just the other day, I decided to get it back working.. none of my other atomziers seemed to work as good as that Fogger did. When I went to the vape store, I asked for the fill screw... they decided to give me a fogger v5 instead... they said "we have a hard time getting rid of these, and you're the only person who has come in saying they like the fogger". Oddly enough, the post screws were the same size as the fill screws on my V4. I got it working, and re-discovered why I used it for so long.

So, even though it's not all that popular, I've found the fogger v4 seems to work flawlessly.. .a year and a half after I purchased it, and I still have a hard time finding a good replacement for it. It has the perfect airflow for me, no gurgles, no leaks, no dry hits... it just works. I tried getting the V5 to work, but it's a bit more finicky than my old one.. so, I still use the old one.

So, my question is, is there something you guys use that's off the beaten path from what is considered "mainstream"? something other than a kayfun, or iclear, subtank, or something else that most people are flocking to? Is there a mod other than the usual vapor shark, Hana, Reo, Istick, Provari or MVP? something that others think is not that good, but you seem to like? I'd like to see if there are other "diamonds in the rough".

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I'm not sure if this counts, but I don't see a lot about them here. The very first RDA that I really fell in love with was a Mephisto v3.Not the authentic, but a clone. It was my third RDA, behind a Zenith v2 and a Hobo v2. I really liked the post holes, and even though it's more of a cloud chaser type of atty, I could adjust the airflow for great flavor.

Reactions: NealBJr

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I am not one for buyng all name-brand items. most of my vape gear is from companies that aren't in the spotlight, or have quite a tarnished reputation about them. However, I found that most of my gear works.. well.. great. about a year and a half ago, Kayfuns were the rage. I, however, decided to go with something called a Fogger V4. Now, it's not an atomizer that got particularly bad reviews.. it got pretty decent reviews. but people preferred the Kayfuns. A few months ago, I misplaced the fill screw and set it aside... just the other day, I decided to get it back working.. none of my other atomziers seemed to work as good as that Fogger did. When I went to the vape store, I asked for the fill screw... they decided to give me a fogger v5 instead... they said "we have a hard time getting rid of these, and you're the only person who has come in saying they like the fogger". Oddly enough, the post screws were the same size as the fill screws on my V4. I got it working, and re-discovered why I used it for so long.

So, even though it's not all that popular, I've found the fogger v4 seems to work flawlessly.. .a year and a half after I purchased it, and I still have a hard time finding a good replacement for it. It has the perfect airflow for me, no gurgles, no leaks, no dry hits... it just works. I tried getting the V5 to work, but it's a bit more finicky than my old one.. so, I still use the old one.

So, my question is, is there something you guys use that's off the beaten path from what is considered "mainstream"? something other than a kayfun, or iclear, subtank, or something else that most people are flocking to? Is there a mod other than the usual vapor shark, Hana, Reo, Istick, Provari or MVP? something that others think is not that good, but you seem to like? I'd like to see if there are other "diamonds in the rough".
Crazy post. It's like a time warp wrapped in a conundrum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'll be one to say a squonking setup like a Reo. It's not exactly mainstream in my opinion. I can go to 5 vape shops and only one employee in one shop will know what it is or know anything about squonking. It seems popular on here, but in person it's not as popular where I live.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Achilles. There *are* a few of us who like them, there's a thread for them, but you really have to love a very tight draw, to love these things. Nobody is making them anymore, neither authentics nor clones, which is a damn shame for those who love a tight draw. Titanium-mods.com has come out with an "Achilles 2" version which offers a bit more airflow adjustment at the "open" end, but until there are clones of those available, I won't know if the new ones will still suit a tight-draw tootle puffer down at the tighter end.

Andria

Reactions: Plumes.91

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'll be one to say a squonking setup like a Reo. It's not exactly mainstream in my opinion. I can go to 5 vape shops and only one employee in one shop will know what it is or know anything about squonking. It seems popular on here, but in person it's not as popular where I live.

We have lots of vape shops in my area. Vaping is pretty big in Central Florida; and I've yet to see another Reo in the wild. I'm sure there are a few around; but squonkers don't go into B&M shops much. No reason to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread