What is your jaded palette cure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
If your like me.. after a heavy day of vaping your palette will suddenly become jaded. All the flavor of your juice is suddenly stolen from you. You are left with flavorless vaping until it goes away..

Since im going through this as we speak - I thought id start a thread about it.

What do you do? What juice do you vape to break past this?

What is your cure for the jaded palette? If this is one..

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
You vape just plain nic base?

Obviously you would want it to be an appropriate nic content, but it works, and it's actually not bad at all. I vape unflavored e-liquid alot.

EDIT: If the "jaded palette" is not wanting to let up, I find that adding Koolada, just enough for a small cold hit, to the unflavored helps alot.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Obviously you would want it to be an appropriate nic content, but it works, and it's actually not bad at all. I vape unflavored e-liquid alot.

EDIT: If the "jaded palette" is not wanting to let up, I find that adding Koolada, just enough for a small cold hit, to the unflavored helps alot.

What is koolada? Do you have a link? I'd like to try it :)

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
What is koolada? Do you have a link? I'd like to try it :)

Koolada 10% PG Flavor Concentrate

It's like menthol, but without the menthol taste. It's used to produce that cold sensation in your mouth.

Be warned... I use about 3 drops(.15mL), per 10mL bottle. It does not take much to be overpowering.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ

I DYI but i never thought to just vape the base. Ill have to try that.. lol.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Koolada 10% PG Flavor Concentrate

It's like menthol, but without the menthol taste. It's used to produce that cold sensation in your mouth.

Be warned... I use about 3 drops(.15mL), per 10mL bottle. It does not take much to be overpowering.

Thanks!

Wizard labs is awesome btw, where I get my nic from exclusively.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I usually use Myfreedomsmokes for my nic base. This place seems a bit cheaper. Im going to give it a go - the flavorings are very reasonable. Putting an order in now.

Im waiting for more funds to come in so I can place another order. I REALLY have to learn this DIY stuff. Since I switched to using an RBA with SS Mesh wick, the flavors are better than ever before, and I find myself vaping through my liquid stash FAST... I'm talking I went from ~2mL/day to about 5-6mL/day... Unfortunately for me I'm about out of NIC base. That's what I get for thinking a 60mL bottle of 30mg would be plenty. Live and learn...

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I use Tropical Ice form vaporalley like that. It says it's tropical fruit with some menthol……to me it tastes like ridiculously strong menthol that at one point was in the same room with fruit. Also, salty chips, soda water, bread, grapes (the real thing, not a juice), and (don't laugh at me) pizza rolls usually work okay.

I also mix it in with juice that is generally okay but with some overwhelming flavor I don't really like. But with the exception of madvapes's kona cream (worst thing I've ever tasted), if it vapes, it vapes well enough to get me to the next shipment when I'm low on juice……which I hope won't happen again.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
Im waiting for more funds to come in so I can place another order. I REALLY have to learn this DIY stuff. Since I switched to using an RBA with SS Mesh wick, the flavors are better than ever before, and I find myself vaping through my liquid stash FAST... I'm talking I went from ~2mL/day to about 5-6mL/day... Unfortunately for me I'm about out of NIC base. That's what I get for thinking a 60mL bottle of 30mg would be plenty. Live and learn...

DYI is pretty easy when your dealing with single flavors. Just buy the nic base (flavorless ejuice) and add 2-5% flavoring. Add a drop of flavoring at time until your satisfied with the flavor and your done. If you going to buy nic base for the first time id suggest 18-24mg base because its like handling normal e-juice and is relatively safe. With 18-24mg - latex gloves will do for protection. There is 100mg base which is more cost effective but is highly toxic and should not be vaped. Its meant to be cut down. Nicotine is more toxic then organic arsenic so be careful.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
DYI is pretty easy when your dealing with single flavors. Just buy the nic base (flavorless ejuice) and add 2-5% flavoring. Add a drop of flavoring at time until your satisfied with the flavor and your done. If you going to buy nic base for the first time id suggest 18-24mg base because its like handling normal e-juice and is relatively safe. With 18-24mg - latex gloves will do for protection. There is 100mg base which is more cost effective but is highly toxic and should not be vaped. Its meant to be cut down. Nicotine is more toxic then organic arsenic so be careful.

Well see the problem with getting 18-24mg NIC base is that I vape 18mg @ 60VG/40PG. I found in my various mixings so far, that it is in fact very difficult to stay at 18mg NIC @ 60VG/40PG with even 30mg base. Since I knew that the flavors are PG based, I ordered 60mL of 100%VG NIC base, and 30mL of VG, and 30mL of PG, and then my flavorings.

Granted, all the reading I have done so far lead me to believe that flavors are generally 20%, unless using Tobacco Absolutes which are done at ~3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread