Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I use 100% VG for 99% of my vaping. As far as a wick, I roll a solid wick (though it is somewhat loose) down to 2mm as that is the diameter of my coils. I make my coil first, around a 2mm bit, get it setup, then roll the wick to slide into the coil. Usually start with ~45mm wide 400# or #500 mesh. Sometimes I use 325. Once the wick breaks in, it does OK, though with VG, I tend to tilt it some. When vaping PG mixes, I can't tilt, as it over wicks. On my Vaper, I use a straw wick, for some reason a solid wick doesn't work well for me, maybe due to the size of the fill hole. But the solid works well on all my other gens.

PS: Nice avatar - you would appreciate my Zen Pyrate... custom aluminum zen mini with my avatar anodized and engraved.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Ill get ya a pic up. Yes 400-500 will work. I would suggest buying some 400 and 325 if you are dedicated to VG.

Don't get to hung up in all the stuff. Go with 28-32 g kanthal some mesh and a good atty or hybrid and you will be good. It takes some practice and patience, but once you "get" it, you got it.

Michael James

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Montgomery, AL
Nice, would love to see a pic of the Zen Pyrate...

So 400-500 works fine? I figured I'd have to use 325.

Was an old myth when they were first coming around in RBA's, the coil and wick setup is really the main thing. #400 wouldn't work worth a crap in my ZAP with the insulator installed unless you held it upside down basically, but removed it and made a beefier wick and worked fine. Wick hole in AC9 is big enough where you should be able to use whatever mesh you want and be beefy enough to wick fine.

With 100% VG you'll probably have to tilt later on in the tank, I do for the last 50% in the tank.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Was an old myth when they were first coming around in RBA's, the coil and wick setup is really the main thing. #400 wouldn't work worth a crap in my ZAP with the insulator installed unless you held it upside down basically, but removed it and made a beefier wick and worked fine. Wick hole in AC9 is big enough where you should be able to use whatever mesh you want and be beefy enough to wick fine.

With 100% VG you'll probably have to tilt later on in the tank, I do for the last 50% in the tank.

Thanks. Roll Tide!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread