Cant find a solution to wick 100% VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Think im going nuts! I went through 3 6x12 mesh and a lot of 28 gauge kanthal trying to find the best way to wick 100% vg with out tilting or just slightly tilting my noble 1. the ones that i find that wick well end up over wicking and I end up losing alot of juice I cant find a middle. I tried extra tight rolls then i tried loose rolls and even double wicking. does anyone have any suggestions or tips? I would really appreciate it thanks guys!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Distilled water will work or you can try #320 mesh. IF you can increase the diameter of the mesh wrap that will help. Put a bigger space between the coil windings. I also use the Cig paper method when I wrap the mesh with the wire. That insures you won't get a shot and after a dry burn you end up with a gap between the mesh and coil that also seems to help. I use a HIGH VG juice as if you look most flavor agents have PG in them so I do not use 100% VB but all of mine are above 70% VG.
Hope this helps.

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
Distilled water will work or you can try #320 mesh. IF you can increase the diameter of the mesh wrap that will help. Put a bigger space between the coil windings. I also use the Cig paper method when I wrap the mesh with the wire. That insures you won't get a shot and after a dry burn you end up with a gap between the mesh and coil that also seems to help. I use a HIGH VG juice as if you look most flavor agents have PG in them so I do not use 100% VB but all of mine are above 70% VG.
Hope this helps.

I too use the rolling paper method but wind the coils very tight. so you suggest wraping them a bit loose?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
havent tried it yet was alway a bit scared that it might mute the flavor

The best way to test it is to just put a few mls of your juice in a bottle and add a few drops of distilled water to it. Shake well and try it. It doesn't take much so I wouldn't think it would change the flavor much if any at all.

I use 100% VG. Just today i figured id try adding a few drops of water because if i didnt the juice was wasted anyway. Like halfway through a vision clearo it would just taste horrible! I was hesitant to do it thinking it would mute the flavor, but it seriously just made it vape like its suppose to! I don't rebuild anything. I rewicked various heads with cotton but it ended up being way too time consuming and just added to the fustration. So I just dropped a bit right in the clearo. I'm hesitant to do it to an entire bottle, but for now I'm just gonna water it down as I go. If you try it, let me know how it works for you. Good luck!

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I make all my own juices. All of mine are high VG as Im a bit sensitive to PG. Now unless the juice is made with the relatively small number of VG based flavorings its not 100%vg. 100% Vg is extremely thick, and does not have good viscosity for atomizers. Usually most commercial juices that say 100% vg DO have distilled water added, or even pure grain alcohol. Flavoring can also be in a pga base.

If you are making your own juices with VG, to make it wick properly in ANY AND ALL atomizers or rba's it should be 80%VG/20% everything else. If the juice has 10% flavoring then you should add 10% distilled water.

In general if a commercial vg juice add distilled water one drop at a time per 5ml of juice and test for viscosity in your tank/atty. It may require filling, emptying, refilling to do so. If you can chain vape without burned/dry hits you nailed it.

Adding distilled water to your mix unless its a large bottle above say 30ml will not signifigantly effect flavor.

If worried do a small batch of the juice, say just 5ml in a separate bottle and adjust it with dw... then scale up for the larger bottle when you get your desired viscosity.

Take notes so you dont forget and if you but the same juice again you can adjust it easily.

Alternatively you can heat the bottle of vg juice in a hot water bath and it will become looser. The downside of this is once it cools down itll be just as thick but for dripping true 100%vg thats the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread