Status
Not open for further replies.

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
Hello everyone:

I am desperately trying to find a good mango flavor. I tried some excellent mango flavors from Ahlusion before I started DIY, and several recipes I like now that I DIY for all my e-liquids call for mango. TFA's Mango is weak and does not come through on any of the liquids I've mixed. Even when mixed alone its weak. I looked through ecigexpress when I was placing an order and settled on Tasty Puff's Mango Tango since all the other flavoring companies either did not offer a mango flavor or it was out-of-stock. Well, I read the reviews that Mango Tango has an overly ripe mango flavor. And I like ripe mango. But its flavor is more like Durian than mango. It has a sickly sweet flavor yet with undertones of dirty gym socks. In other words, it tastes just like Durian. If you've never tried Durian, just know that in South East Asia, where it is plentiful, the smell is so putrid that it is not allowed in airplanes or hotels.

So... any suggestions out there for a decent, somewhat realistic mango flavor?

~m00n

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
I had big expectations with the positive reviews of Tasty Puff. After trying Jungle Juice, Mango Tango, and Hypnotic Chronic, I was so disappointed by all three that I just dumped all three bottles I mixed in the sink. I'll either give away or throw the bottles of flavoring away as well. They all have this overly musky scent/flavor that is simply repelling. I'm still working on getting the musky aroma/flavor out of my RDA. I like crisp fruit flavors that taste like the fruit they are labeled as being. These all tasted like poorly mimicked concoctions of their intended flavor. They might work great for people who sprinkle a couple of drops on their 'cigarettes,' as what the products are marketed for, but it tasted simply awful to me.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try Hangsen and other mango flavors as they go back in stock. These kinds of experiences is what gives me respect for what reputable vendors have gone through to create decent e-liquids. Even something seemingly as simple as finding a decent fruit flavor can be an ordeal, let alone creating something entirely complex and unique.

I will say that one of the flavors I ordered among all the disappointing flavors, Nature's Flavors Papaya, definitely has possibilities, mainly, because it actually tastes like Papaya.

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've tried Flavor West Mango at 15% with one drop of lemon juice per 10ml,
wasn't impressed after the mix&shake,
but the mango flavor started to appear after 4 days of steeping, and became a good tasty vape actually.

What ratio/nic did you like 15% in? Mine is perfect and strong at 12.5% in 18mg 70/30

fadifafitto

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Germany
What ratio/nic did you like 15% in? Mine is perfect and strong at 12.5% in 18mg 70/30

I mixed it at 12 mg nic, 20PG/80VG, (VG was already diluted with 10% Distilled Water)
more VG that's why I went for 15% flavoring,
also a drop of lemon juice seems to bring the flavor faster,

the flavor is very good after 4 days, guess it would improve after few days more,
I did the same with FW grape at 15%, its good but stronger flavor and TH than the mango,

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I mixed it at 12 mg nic, 20PG/80VG, (VG was already diluted with 10% Distilled Water)
more VG that's why I went for 15% flavoring,
also a drop of lemon juice seems to bring the flavor faster,

the flavor is very good after 4 days, guess it would improve after few days more,
I did the same with FW grape at 15%, its good but stronger flavor and TH than the mango,

That makes pefect sense.

My Grape @ 12.5% is strong and good in 18mg 70/30.

Yep, Mango is subtler but still an excellent tasty flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread