What ohm coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
My preference was the .5Ω Clapton replacement head out of what kangar offers for the sub/top tank.
I also liked the sus316L .5Ω heads, never tried the ceramic .5Ω heads, the 1.2Ω & 1.5Ω heads have a reduced airflow / more of a MTL, work better at lower power.
The rba deck is simple to build & use and works well.

There isn't really a 'best' everything in vaping are matters of personal preference / what works best for each individual.
Different liquids (flavorings, sweeteners, pg/vg ratio, net, wta etc...) will taste best at different power ranges, airflow & inhale technique also plays a part.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There isn't really a 'best' everything in vaping are matters of personal preference / what works best for each individual.
Different liquids (flavorings, sweeteners, pg/vg ratio, net, wta etc...) will taste best at different power ranges, airflow & inhale technique also plays a part.
^ This. :thumb:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
So I have a Kangertech Toptank Mini. I use a .5ohm occ vertical coil.

I have found it best at about 38 watts.

Is this best or should I try out a different resistance of coil?

Are you satisfied with the vape you are getting? If so, keep it the same.

Are you dissatisfied with the vape you are getting? If so, try a different coil or wattage.

Are you curious about whether or not you will be more or less satisfied with another coil? If so, try another coil.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So I have a Kangertech Toptank Mini. I use a .5ohm occ vertical coil.

I have found it best at about 38 watts.

Is this best or should I try out a different resistance of coil?

Most any coil can be used at various power rates. It's all dependent on atomizer air flow to maintain the vape you're looking for. Sounds like you've found the sweet spot for your coil at 38W.

I'm vaping a .85 ohm coil at 10W. Sometimes, I wind up a .5 coil and vape it at the same wattage level. What changes is the voltage needed to provide the vape you like with the coil you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread