What problems you meet when you use IQOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

answer_ball

Jun 8, 2018
alos it does not work today iqos holder...always red lights ,even pockect charge has power.

Attachments

• IMG_20180608_142049.jpg
    IMG_20180608_142049.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
IT SEEMS IQOS heatsticks approved by FDA.. but I feel it is real smoking and better health.... and now I almost quit burning smoking...

IT SEEMS IQOS heatsticks approved by FDA.. but I feel it is real smoking and better health.... and now I almost quit burning smoking...
Afaik they are not unless it happened very recently. It would explain the sudden flurry of pro iQOS posts though

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have not met any problems with the IQOS. As far as I know or have seen anywhere, it is NOT approved in the USA by the FDA or anyone else.. It may have been approved by YOUR country's equivalent of the FDA, but not here in the US. It is not for sale here.

You could try some of the international forums I guess, but honestly, I haven't seen much discussion of it at all. If you are having trouble using it you may want to watch some YouTube reviews of the device.

Also, yes, it's heat not burn technology but I think the majority of posters are already vaping steadily. Even if I had ACCESS to it I wouldn't care to try it, I am happy vaping and don't really want to "mess" with that, OR deal with the expense, messiness, not knowing what is IN the heat sticks and etc.

Best of luck though, I hope you get things resolved.

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
We found we must use absorb pod to prevent from oil to holder's pcb:((((

Hi and welcome,
Who is "We"? Just you or a group?
How long have you (we) had the IQOS?
How frequently do you (we) use it? (once a day, every hour, constantly?)
What maintenance have you (we) performed on the device(s)?
How many "Heets" sticks before the problem?
Do you live in a very humid area of the world? (PLEASE POST LOCATION)
From whom did you purchase the device that you feel should offer support? (PMI?)

Cheers
I

answer_ball

Jun 8, 2018

many user in China meet theser problems
6 months we use IQOS
half box a day ( 10pcs) of Heets or Marlboro
holder does not work,and holder inside very easy to dirty,maybe after 1 box,need clean
the heat blade, also much oil inside on the holder's pcb after dissable the holder
we live in Shenzhen,China, humid is heavey in souch of china,near the South Sea
we only send to HK to repair,not official to repair

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
many user in China meet theser problems
6 months we use IQOS
half box a day ( 10pcs) of Heets or Marlboro
holder does not work,and holder inside very easy to dirty,maybe after 1 box,need clean
the heat blade, also much oil inside on the holder's pcb after dissable the holder
we live in Shenzhen,China, humid is heavey in souch of china,near the South Sea
we only send to HK to repair,not official to repair
A_B,
I'm sorry to say: it appears to be designed with a limited life expectancy.
It is a disposable device. PMI would like you to purchase another. (or switch back to combustion)

Nevertheless, thank you for the information. As the device gains popularity, the knowledge base will expand. It is still early.
Please post details of the "pad" modification and any other "tricks" you have learned to get the best from the device.
It is humid here as well (island) and I know a few people that are using the Iqos to quit smoking. I'll speak with them and see if the issues you are having are common with the device.

Thanks for your time.
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
View attachment 747301 View attachment 747303 View attachment 747305
see the absord pad....many people now buy these pad put at the bottom inside holder...
see the pad, after 1 box (20cigs),it gettting so dirty ...
WOW... That is...horrible.
Is the residue water soluble or is it an oil/wax/tar type substance?
Does the blade go thru the pad, so that the pad is below the "HEET" when being used?
How often does the pad need replacing?
Are you using genuine "Heet" sticks or are they another brand?

Again, thank you for the information.
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread