IQOS product vs service

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor470

May 31, 2020
Hello,
Just wanted to post that I had enjoyed using iqos for just over the warranty period and it failed.
I contacted them and was told they never actually registered it for warranty, not an issue as it passed warranty (issue really was it barely passed).
That being said, they were unable to help me to get a replacement, even though I was willing to pay. I was asked countless questions on what serial number I had and more, and yet was not directed to where I could replace it.
The product is good I feel, but, if they won't stand behind it after your purchase, that is a huge problem.
I am looking for other products now and plan to never purchase from iqos again and suggest others beware this company.

trevor470

May 31, 2020
Hi and welcome,
Since you are not in the US, where are you?
Are you 21 or older?
If the 1 year warranty has expired, you may want to take advantage of the trial they are offering in selected countries.
IMO, a year of use from the device is about the expected life of those units.

Cheers
I
My issue was less about the failed device and most about their inability to direct me on how to replace it. They wanted a serial number even though not warranted, offered me no purchase option or shipping arrangement as well as no information as to where to go to purchase. They simply did not care. Good product, poor company.

trevor470

May 31, 2020
My issue was less about the failed device and most about their inability to direct me on how to replace it. They wanted a serial number even though not warranted, offered me no purchase option or shipping arrangement as well as no information as to where to go to purchase. They simply did not care. Good product, poor company.
To add, I am in Canada and am 58 years old, neither should be an issue obviously.

trevor470

May 31, 2020
I can see why you might be frustrated.
It looks like ca.Iqos.com blocks content from locations outside of Canada.

Perhaps another user from Canada would have better luck.

Sorry to hear of your struggle.
Best of luck
I
Have already given up, just sorry I participated it giving them good word of mouth advertising as asked. I have nothing good to say anymore.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is possible, after using it for some time, you might actually enjoy vaping equally. IDK it would be an adjustment but perhaps a good one.

I tolerate the IQOS as a harm reduction product. I don't really trust how much "harm" is "reduced" as it is awfully proprietary.

I have had vape setups that lasted more than a year, and I drop mine pretty much non stop.

Good luck hope you can find another, if you so desire.
Anna

Reactions: BrotherBob

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I tolerate the IQOS as a harm reduction product. I don't really trust how much "harm" is "reduced" as it is awfully proprietary.

Not only that I question how much heathier it is to vaporize all the chemicals they put in the tobacco over just burning it. lol

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hello,
    Just wanted to post that I had enjoyed using IQOS for just over the warranty period and it failed.
    I contacted them and was told they never actually registered it for warranty, not an issue as it passed warranty (issue really was it barely passed).
    That being said, they were unable to help me to get a replacement, even though I was willing to pay. I was asked countless questions on what serial number I had and more, and yet was not directed to where I could replace it.
    The product is good I feel, but, if they won't stand behind it after your purchase, that is a huge problem.
    I am looking for other products now and plan to never purchase from IQOS again and suggest others beware this company.

Have to considered looking into a dry "herb" vaporizer to use tobacco in? After all, as far as I can tell from IQOS and other heat-not-burn devices, they are merely just very convenient dry herb vaporizers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread