Feb 20, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I'm certainly no expert, but while I love the stealthiness, form factor, and flavor from the Suorin Air, I've had a pretty high failure rate with them. I'm 2 for 3 non-working devices using 70VG as recommended. Also, in my experience, the pods tend to cause a lot of burnt hits, usually from about the third fill or so. Opening the rubber stopper for second helps very temporarily, but then you get surprise burnt hits again. But when it works, it's REALLY nice and I love it.

I use the Peas as a back up device right now simply because it's wicked cheap, as are the pods. Flavor is definitely not as good, but I've never gotten a burnt hit from it.

I have not tried using nic salts, so that may change your experience.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm going with the icare2 as it's really inexpensive and I'm only branching out into these pocket friendly pod systems so I can try nicotine salts juice. I hear that's the way to go. Once I have some experience, I'll be sure to let you know, if you're interested.
Salts work in regular mods too you don’t have to saddle yourself with some crappy pod system to try them

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Salts work in regular mods too you don’t have to saddle yourself with some crappy pod system to try them

You seem to have a lot of opinions on things you've never tried. First it was nic salts, now pod systems. There are some very good pod systems out there that work very, very well. In fact, I use a Cora at work and have for nearly a year now.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You seem to have a lot of opinions on things you've never tried. First it was nic salts, now pod systems. There are some very good pod systems out there that work very, very well. In fact, I use a Cora at work and have for nearly a year now.
And you seem to have a lot of opinions about things you are misinformed about.
I own a peas, and I’ve vaped a bo and a juul. Before that I’ve vaped various ego and mini cig systems which is what I compare them to.
They’re anemic. No better than an old fashioned cigalike or ego generally. Occasionally worse.
You are clearly a pod fan and don’t like what I have to say about them. Im used to this. I also defended global warming as a thing here and got a bunch of complaints about that too. As to my opinion on nic salts it was that I don’t trust them because they didn’t seem to define what salt they were creating. Think what you want. Pods are awesome, the earth is flat, etc.. it’s a free country.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay I'm going to ignore all the above.

I will say, I DIY with nic salts and have since I started DIY. They aren't a "magical" thing that can only be used in certain devices. I think that myth came about because often nic salts are used at ungodly percentages, very high, in which case it is "safer" to use them in systems that aren't super powerful or sub0hm. But, if you use 3 mg nicsalts, you can use them in a sub0hm device just as well as any other device. I only own one pod mod system well, it's an AIO that is somewhat similar, and I like the vape more than I considered I probably would.

Some people love pod mods, there is no reason to call all of them "awful." I think some of the refillable pod mods that are newer can give great flavor.

Finally, nic salts (to me) don't appear more dangerous than any other e-liquid, depending on what is used to "turn" them into nic salts (you can even do it with freebase nicotine using citric acid although I'm not familiar with the process. I buy mine from nicotine river because they don't use benzoic acid like some other manufacturers do.

Nic salts are useful for those who find freebase "harsh" and their smoothness allows one to go MUCH HIGHER on nicotine more easily than when using freebase nicotine. I don't like a throat hit much, which is why I DIY at 18 mg/ml for my MTL vapes. They are also (sometimes reported to be) more quickly bioavailable although I have not personally noticed a huge difference. It may be because many salt juices are sold at a very high percentage. But mainly, keeping an eye out for symptoms of nicotine overload (yawning, fatigue, lightheadedness, headaches, etc) would generally be a good idea if trying nic salts.

They aren't "magic" they don't seem to possess "more risk" than freebase nicotine, they are simply slightly different and sometimes used in different applications but I think it has more to do with "high" nic salt juices typically being used in setups that are more MTL or pod systems, but there is nothing "magic" "better necessarily" "unable to be used in some setups" about them, PERIOD. So go with the setup that makes you happy, and then certainly try them, I would try various strengths and salt juices and see what you like.

Best of luck,

Anna

Fair point, but some pod systems work quite well. I work in a vape shop so I can vape as much as I want but my wife can't. The idea of a pocket friendly device that will be used infrequently that will deliver a satisfying dose of nicotine in only a couple small puffs is very appealing to her and many others.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I completely agree that pods have their place, and some deliver great flavor. I merely take issue with this idea that "starter kits and pods" are the be all and end all of nic salt juices. They aren't. I think it's a marketing ploy. Pods should be used or not (on their own merits) but shouldn't be advertised as "nic salt capable" and then people think it's the only option. It isn't.

Furthermore, advertising deceptively does kind of put a new vaper who may not know better in a rather expensive "niche" because they want to try nic salts. And an N2 tank can be quite stealthy.

Anna

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
And you seem to have a lot of opinions about things you are misinformed about.
I own a peas, and I’ve vaped a bo and a juul. Before that I’ve vaped various ego and mini cig systems which is what I compare them to.
They’re anemic. No better than an old fashioned cigalike or ego generally. Occasionally worse.
You are clearly a pod fan and don’t like what I have to say about them. Im used to this. I also defended global warming as a thing here and got a bunch of complaints about that too. As to my opinion on nic salts it was that I don’t trust them because they didn’t seem to define what salt they were creating. Think what you want. Pods are awesome, the earth is flat, etc.. it’s a free country.

Global warming and the shape of the planet are facts. Saying pod systems are "anemic" is expressing an opinion. The comparison of different devices is helpful though.

I just switched from smoking to vaping with an "anemic" Juul system. It was an easy switch even though I had smoked for 25 years. If Juul would make pods with different concentrations of nicotine so that I could wean myself off of it then I probably wouldn't even be on this forum. But they don't want you to quit vaping because that's how they make money.

So here I am reading e-cigarette-forum for information about pod systems.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Global warming and the shape of the planet are facts. Saying pod systems are "anemic" is expressing an opinion. The comparison of different devices is helpful though.

I just switched from smoking to vaping with an "anemic" Juul system. It was an easy switch even though I had smoked for 25 years. If Juul would make pods with different concentrations of nicotine so that I could wean myself off of it then I probably wouldn't even be on this forum. But they don't want you to quit vaping because that's how they make money.

So here I am reading e-cigarette-forum for information about pod systems.
I thought that too. Here it seems they’re opinions though and fairly devisive ones. Your point about opinion vs fact is well taken though.

I also didn’t say that they weren’t effective for some people. I do maintain that I find the experience of pods to be near indistinguishable from or occasionally inferior to that of decades old devices. Salts can be put in any device

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I thought that too. Here it seems they’re opinions though and fairly devisive ones. Your point about opinion vs fact is well taken though.

I also didn’t say that they weren’t effective for some people. I do maintain that I find the experience of pods to be near indistinguishable from or occasionally inferior to that of decades old devices. Salts can be put in any device

Definitely didn't mean to single you out. Just want to make the point that lots of folks have different needs or wants. As a noob, it seems like there's a lot of interest in cloud chasing. Though I do understand why it is popular, this is not at all what I want or need. I need to use vaping as a tool to quit smoking and then quit vaping. I don't want to progress with vaping.

zeng.jaihui

Unresolved Status
Apr 11, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Definitely didn't mean to single you out. Just want to make the point that lots of folks have different needs or wants. As a noob, it seems like there's a lot of interest in cloud chasing. Though I do understand why it is popular, this is not at all what I want or need. I need to use vaping as a tool to quit smoking and then quit vaping. I don't want to progress with vaping.

All he's saying is that you can put salts in any device you like. Salt ejuice is just like regular ejuice except it's made with nicotine salts instead of freebase nicotine.

There are plenty of mtl devices you can put salts in that don't take proprietary pods (which are more expensive). We like to save money around here you will often find. :)

You can purchase nicotine salt juices already made or you can DIY your own at any nicotine strength you desire for cheap simply by buying salt nicotine base, VG and some flavorings.. Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine (I always DIY'd mine.. I never tried any factory made salt ejuice)

It's not about cloud chasing or mtl vaping, those are vaping styles.. people are simply discussing salts. Do you want to use an ego aio? You can.. and you can use salts in it.. and the list goes on.

As far as quitting vaping goes. . I no longer vape.. from someone whose been there you can quit vaping from any device you like, or from any style of vaping you prefer. My main go to was a provari 3 but I enjoyed using a Tesla 120 nano (steampunk editition) too (awesome battery life). my RTA of choice was a Kayfun 5 and/or the Hastur RTA... I also used a Kabuki tank as well.. all are MTL tanks but that's because that was my vaping style.. not because mtl is the only style of vaping you can quit from.

Just a heads up on all that.. if your happy where your at and happy with the money your spending that's great! People are just pointing out that your options are not limited...

Last edited:

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
Should I get the Suorin Air, or the Rofvape warlock PEAS

Which of those you choose is, obviously, entirely up to you, CoopDav. I, too, have considered both of those devices and, really, I still am thinking about trying one or both of them. However, I did consider more than a few other options and made the decision to "return" to vaping with a Vaporesso Nexus, which I am really enjoying with a blend of NET and WTA at, so far, up to 65%VG. Nonetheless, as mentioned earlier, I'm still considering the purchase of the Air and/or the Peas. Right now, I'm kinda' leaning toward the Peas in that choice but I should also mention that I'm definitely planning on purchasing 1 or 2 more Nexus(es?). All that being said, I want to thank you for starting this discussion and thank all the above members who have replied, especially those with clearly thoughtful remarks like stols001, smoked25years and Opionated! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread