What should my first Mech be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geofxc

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
I work for an ambulance company, and due to the nature of the work, my device has to stay in my pants pocket pocket all day. With all the kneeling and bending that I do the buttons on my vamo get treated pretty rough, and as a result, they have all but lost their rebound. The slightest touch can change the settings or even cause it to fire. SO...

Anyone have some insight into a really sturdy mechanical unit? I've been itching to get a mechanical mod for a while and this seems like the right time.

Something in the $50-$80 range if possible, in the 18650 size range. I looked at a few on litecigusa, but I'm asking the community before I order.

Thanks!

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
How about:
EA clone by EHpro - Vape Toy
or
MKB-TS (Telescope) APV w/ adapter
Both solid mods, I discovered my best friend is getting me the first one for my birthday next month and a lady friend is getting me the second for christmas.
And both will use either 18350, 18500 or 18650.

I agree with this, but This will save you about $20
GGTS Clone MOD (GGTSC)
A great soild mod If you want a different top to shorten the over-all height you can order this if you can justify the cost of shipping
MKB-TS new top cap also fit with GGTS

I would also like to add another one of my favorites
The Segeli 13A
Sigelei 13a mechanical mod mad of solid polished stainless teel and brass top and bottom cap

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't know how sturdy side buttons are, but I'm thinking that's a weakness. I'm looking at my Kamry K100 with the bottom button lock ring turned to 'Off' and it's looking pretty solid to me. Kinda like one solid piece of steel. The 510 pin floats so you can screw the juice delivery device down to the point where it makes contact all around which is strong, but the 510 connection would still be it's weak point. IOW, if you take the mod with a topper on it in both hands and bend the assembly it would probably break there. The solution to that is to take the topper off and put both parts into a pouch. Separately, assuming a tough topper, they are extremely strong.

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
The K100 is a fine mech mod indeed especially for the price.
However,
I have found that in 18650 mode it's not as sturdy as in 18350 or even 18490 mode.
Just something about the threading doesn't make it feel snug or as taught as it should be.
Personally I do have a semi physical job where I do need to keep my MOD on me at all times as well and have been looking into Sigelei mechs. Specifically the 19 and the 13.

fold_moiler

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Minneapolis
I drop my K100 from time to time. It looks like crap but works fine. The aga satyr is the tank I use. The 510 connection isn't the weak point. It's the whole top that is press fit in. It gets knocked partially out or crooked sometimes. When that happens I remove the tank and battery and bang it back in on the nearest hard object. Lol for a cheap bulletproof mod it's hard to beat. I'm buying a reo though I'm sick of genny atties.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Since you are going to only be using it at work, you could just go the Fasttech route and get a few cheap mechanical mods. This way, if one bites the dust, it is not a big deal. The Chi-you clones have been getting strong reviews and the Nemesis clone looks good too.

I have no doubt that the Rainbow Heaven clone is a great mod. Even vape squad gave it great marks. My thing is that I refuse to pay that much for a cheap clone of someone elses design.

I still like my Sigelei 19e a ton. Now, they are making them without the magnets/glue that were the main gripe regarding them.

Last edited:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
My friend, you just missed the best deal in roughneck mech mods in the history of vaping. PureSmoker sadly is going out of buisiness, and with the storewide 50% off special, you could have had a Legacy for under $45. PureSmoker LEGACY Standard [18650]

My advice would be to find one used. I'm confident your ambulance could run over it and not do terminal damage to it.

War Mouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2010
Bay City MI
Any mech with a locking button should do you, but if your hard on your ecig and would be interested in something that you don't need to lock AND is pretty much bomb proof, (Mine has been run over by a HMMWV....twice) spend just a little bit more and buy a GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor. With the button on top your atty/carto make it impossible to accidentally fire. NOTE; If you want to put a rebuildable or tank style device on it you need a 510 to 510 extension/adapter.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
I would go with a bottom button. the k100 is a nice one, I bought a sentinel m16 that gets really good reviews as well.

also avoid fasttech, Chinas new shipping system is delaying orders and IDK how long it will be until my stuff arrives :( been sitting for 11 days now

ebay has some good prices on the k100 and m16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread