what size wire for CE2's rebuild to up ohmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

goose2

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
kansas city
I have lots of ce2's just sitting around and would like to rebuild some of them.I found some that are 3.4 ohms that i enjoy them at higher voltage but would like to rebuild them to be at 3.5-4.0 ohms.what size wire will work for this?I know it needs to be solid and not stranded.also does anyone know where to get new wicking?thanks

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
32 - 34 would work well, the lower # the AWG the thicker the wire & lower the ohms per inch & higher AWG wire the thinner it gets and higher ohms per inch , but be careful the lower the AWG the thicker the wire gets, example 29AWG is so thick you can barely work with it to wrap coils. 36awg is very thin and good for LR coils, 32-34 is nice to work with and will get you where you need to be as far as your question goes.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
CE2's are disposable after they stop working. I don't know of anyone that rebuilds them. If you could rebuild them, would it be worth the time and effort.

Actually YES Scottinboca, these are very simple to rebuild, wick and wire is CHEAP ! and if your handy it is pretty simple to knockout 10 of them in no time at all.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
depends what you want. smaller wire = higher resistance/mm, bigger wire = less resistance/mm. Wire gauges work opposite though, 32 gauge is thicker than 36 gauge.

All you need for rebuilding
kanthal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread