Wicking for rebuilding the CE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Illinois
I have read most the post on people making their own mod tanks, designed like the CE2. I read the co-op post. But all I would really want to do is repair the old CE2's that I have. My main problem is find the right wicking material. And where to get it. Any help? I don't want to use the mesh because I don't know that much about it. And I don't have the cash or the tools to build the tank so many are building.
What is the correct name of the wick?
What size would I need?
What sort of wire will I need to wrap it.
And is it silver wire? and then soldered to the post?
I have all the old internal parts from about 3 dozen CE2's
Saw how someone uses a safety pin.
This will be my first attempt doing anything like this. But Money these days are tight. And what ever help you can give me will be appreciated.
Thanks

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion
I have read most the post on people making their own mod tanks, designed like the CE2. I read the co-op post. But all I would really want to do is repair the old CE2's that I have. My main problem is find the right wicking material. And where to get it. Any help? I don't want to use the mesh because I don't know that much about it. And I don't have the cash or the tools to build the tank so many are building.
What is the correct name of the wick?
What size would I need?
What sort of wire will I need to wrap it.
And is it silver wire? and then soldered to the post?
I have all the old internal parts from about 3 dozen CE2's
Saw how someone uses a safety pin.
This will be my first attempt doing anything like this. But Money these days are tight. And what ever help you can give me will be appreciated.
Thanks

You need to read this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/213659-repairable-ce2.html

And this one:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...aste-easy-repairable-ce2-tank-cartomizer.html

I use the iAtty wick from Clouds of Vapor. It is silica wick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread