What strength juice would recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
My girlfriend recently made the switch from DL to MTL.
She was using a .3-.5 coil at about 50-60 watts with 6mg 80vg29pg juice.

She now has about a 1.2 coil at 15 watts but is still using 6mg 80vg20pg juice but not satisfied.

Now I can make any strength or vg pg ratio.... Where is a good place to start for my first batch?

Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Yes, about double is the standard recommendation. Really though, it can vary based on any number of things, so start off with a small batch in case you need to tinker a bit. You might try dropping the VG a tad too. MTL coils tend to wick slower so thinner juice is often better. Then again, if she isn't already having trouble wicking the 80vg20pg, there's no real need to mess with it.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
About double is the standard recommendation. PG is used to increase throat hit or thin eliquid, it will not affect anything nic related, so if she's feeling she needs more nicotine I would definitely try raising it. As she is absorbing far less nicotine per puff in a MTL setup.

You may want to change PG levels, that is entirely separate from nicotine level. If she is "feeling" the difference, then she needs more nic. Period.

Anna

Reactions: MartinD

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
About double is the standard recommendation. PG is used to increase throat hit or thin eliquid, it will not affect anything nic related, so if she's feeling she needs more nicotine I would definitely try raising it. As she is absorbing far less nicotine per puff in a MTL setup.

You may want to change PG levels, that is entirely separate from nicotine level. If she is "feeling" the difference, then she needs more nic. Period.

Anna
I used to vape 12mg 50/50 but changed to 70/30 0.3mg enjoying it better I’m nearly 11 months cigarette free I was smoking upto 40 a day

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
She now has about a 1.2 coil at 15 watts but is still using 6mg 80vg20pg juice but not satisfied.

Now I can make any strength or vg pg ratio.... Where is a good place to start for my first batch?

IMO, you might want to try maybe a small batch at 9mg nic for starters. It's easy to add more nic if you need to. If you make it stronger and need to dilute it afterwards with more PG & VG if it's too much for her...it will dilute the flavoring, too.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I recently upped my nic from 3mg/ml to 12mg/ml to cut down on my vaping frequency and enable me to go into a restaurant and not feel the need to vape during the meal. 12mg helps, but after about 30 minutes I'm sometimes thinking about vaping again, so I'll sneak a vape and blow it under the table. I'm good for another half hour after a lungful of 12mg.

I vape at 10 watts. If she's vaping at 15 watts and still wanting more nic you might try 18mg. If 18 is too high, she can turn the wattage down to 10 watts and experiment until it's where she wants it. The higher the wattage the more vapor you create and the more nic is in the vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread