What to make with these strange flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
if you haven't had goat cheese blob pizza yet, you're living a sad, sad life.

I live a sad life but goats cheese is wayyyyy different (and much better imo) to blue cheese.

I have to google your terms on the regular.
Today
1) = Indian head penny
2) = goats cheese ‘blob’ pizza

I think we just call it goats cheese pizza. What’s the blob about? Is that just the structure?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@B2L

Always hated blue cheese!
I’d never ruin a pizza with it

When I used to go hardcore on pizza. 7 days a week :eek:
Incredibly expensive (delivery) and unhealthy habit

But a real plane Jain here. Margherita (I don’t think I’ve ever written the word in my life, the spelling looks wrong?) with roasted peppers, onions. Stuffed crust and garlic and herb dip...
for dipping ;)

And those little gooey chocolate chip cookies for desert
Blue cheese is a super strong flavor. I tried it as a child and found it overwhelming and foul. As a adult though whose taste buds are worn and perhaps close to death, really strong flavors appeal to me more and more. I find I like blue cheese, I put hot sauce on eggs, I drink my coffee black, all kinds of things I found totally unpalatable as a child. I put it down to old age myself.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I used to hate Brussel sprouts. My mom loved em. It was REALLY hard to hide enough under my implements. Occasionally, if it was Very Bad I might have "accidentally" dropped a plate or maybe five.

My brother made me try them with butter and sherry. It was FANTASTIC. I still eat them.

Not something I would think to like to vape however.

Look Goat cheese is the bomb but so is blue cheese. I am a fan of ALL CHEESE even AMERICAN.

No .... cheese, but that's about it. I will eat any cheese. Even if it's been fermented in the belly of a feral cat. I will eat it.

vaping blue cheese is starting to become appealing actually.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Olive Oil Roasted Brussel Sprouts w/ cracked pepper & sea salt? I'd take that over ice cream these days.
& I call it goat cheese blob pizza because they put BLOBS of the cheese in spots all over the pizza!!!
when I make it home made, I use an entire ball of the cheese. otherwise it goes bad in the fridge in 1 day after you open it!

strangely enough, I always liked strong, strong flavors. strong savory flavors. even as a child.
my parent never discouraged me from eating anything. I always had free reign of the fridge as a kid/toddler.
I remember eating cookies and candy bars before dinner, after dinner. I remember grabbing chocolates from the candy dish on the table during breakfast every morning. & I remember eating lobster with the adults, when all the other kids refused & had chicken fingers or hamburgers. I remember getting a can of anchovies and a block of "extra hard" cheese with some crackers as a snack before bed. lol

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Blue cheese is a super strong flavor. I tried it as a child and found it overwhelming and foul. As a adult though whose taste buds are worn and perhaps close to death, really strong flavors appeal to me more and more. I find I like blue cheese, I put hot sauce on eggs, I drink my coffee black, all kinds of things I found totally unpalatable as a child. I put it down to old age myself.

I’m not against strong flavour generally but...
I’m living South west England. They make Dorset blue vinny here.
691A138D-A491-49F3-B484-1453117612F4.jpeg

No way :nah:
Maybe I’ll change in time but I doubt it.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Re-create Elvis's peanut butter-bacon-banana sandwich, subbing in hazelnut for the peanut butter. Don't know what you'd do for the toast or grilled bread.
well I tried it...it probably needs to steep...and needs less baked bread....
so far not bad... strong baked bread flavor with bacon and a hint of sweet nut
5% Peanut Butter (The Flavor Apprentice)
5% Banana (diyflavorshack)
5% Bacon (Flavor West)
5% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)

oh I'm going to have lots of fun with this baked bread, I have all kinds of ideas :D

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
well I tried it...it probably needs to steep...and needs less baked bread....
so far not bad... strong baked bread flavor with bacon and a hint of sweet nut
5% Peanut Butter (The Flavor Apprentice)
5% Banana (diyflavorshack)
5% Bacon (Flavor West)
5% Baked Bread (Real Flavors)

oh I'm going to have lots of fun with this baked bread, I have all kinds of ideas :D
I'm glad you were able to use peanut butter instead of subbing in another nut. For the true experience, though, you need to capture the taste of grilled bread. Does any flavor mimic that?

I'm very intrigued by your clove cigarette mix, by the way.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I'm glad you were able to use peanut butter instead of subbing in another nut. For the true experience, though, you need to capture the taste of grilled bread. Does any flavor mimic that?

I'm very intrigued by your clove cigarette mix, by the way.
I think i nailed the clove down finally....only thing that I'd add would be sampoerna flavor, I got from FT once (it was a premade juice though not flavoring), but I don't really like tobacco flavors but that would round it off perfectly

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ugrh. 2:30. The bathroom tub has vanquished me. It's all clean but one little area. That one little area has seen: Oxyclean, Softscrub Windex (alone and combined and yes I know what it makes the windows were open) and yet, it remains. I briefly considered Drano, but only because it was there. I would think if any bathtub would become stained it would be in that area. Lots more has been tossed, packed, or otherwise moved about. I wish I remembered what this place looked like empty but I was oddly fixated on "I will not have to drive 3 hours a day." Oh well.

It's kind of fun like, shoving weird things into small spaces in my car but I am fairly confident that I will be able to like, get what I need in there. Minus my laundry basket. I can probably shove the clothes someplace? And then I'd have a lovely little container to store stuff here I need to go to Douglas, etc. Which is where we are going, tomorrow.

I am going to die of exhaustion, I just know it. I wish the husband hadn't been so "nesty" and brought me up bunches of things I never used, such as pots and pans.

So tomorrow night we stay in Douglas for some complex reason (I'm confused by all the logistics now.)

I'm getting pretty close..... Except for the refrigerator. And, there are odd stains that make weird things inside the drawers, like one looks like Satan smoking a cigarette.... That sounds so great right now but I have no idea where my pack is. Maybe I'll smoke a victory cigarette on the way home and I will flick it and like it will catch my memory foam and mattress and whatnot. Better just vape. OMG the FRIDGE.

This post brought to you by the letter D, for "Delirium." Also, I have the feeling that piloting my monstrously overstuffed car through the mountains? It just might be a an extra half an Adderall day. I hate those but that is what the timing may be.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm still good for a few more moves yet. Like, to that MAGICAL HOBBITY LAND (LOL when I make fun of the husband I call him that. Because he is my size but in a slightly misshapen way because he broke his neck and lost 2 inches in height.

His family all look like hobbits too. But yeah, I should get moving and I just ARGH.

Any minute now. I'm getting close.

I really really can't say how much I want to pretend I forgot the fridge though.

This isn't really a move tho. It's more of a hop or skip. We did hire movers for Douglas for the heavy stuff because I told him I was never shoving a couch in the area above the cab of the rent a truck ever AGAIN. Like, nope. I could but I absolutely WILL NOT do it, I have TONS of family members and I have moved them all about. NO thanks.

Anna

Reactions: Shadav

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I think i nailed the clove down finally....only thing that I'd add would be sampoerna flavor, I got from FT once (it was a premade juice though not flavoring), but I don't really like tobacco flavors but that would round it off perfectly
I copied your recipe from the other thread to add to my "someday" folder. Do you have any recommendations regarding specific flavor manufacturers? I have FA Anise and Cardamom, FLV Rich Cinnamon and Cinnamon Ceylon (I'm thinking the latter would be better), and three vanillas--
CAP Simply Vanilla, FA Vanillin, and FA Vanilla Bourbon--but will need to get the rest.

I also have two chais, which I bet could fit in nicely somewhere, but I would mix your recipe as you wrote it before I started messing with it.

Reactions: stols001

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
sorry don't know about that... I've only used diyflavorshack flavors before now :D
hm guess I didn't put who's flavors were what on that....
I'm still trying to find a clove that I really like, they're usually too sweet/candyish and not the spice that I like

Clove, Anise, Cinnamon, Sweetener, Coffee, and Vanilla (would have been french vanilla) were from diyflavorshack
Sassafras and ginger are Flavor West (probably don't need the ginger but it sounded like a good idea)
Cardamom is FlavorArt
Holiday Spice and Maple Syrup were from The Flavor Apprentice
I used the holiday spice for nutmeg

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
sorry don't know about that... I've only used diyflavorshack flavors before now :D
hm guess I didn't put who's flavors were what on that....
I'm still trying to find a clove that I really like, they're usually too sweet/candyish and not the spice that I like

Clove, Anise, Cinnamon, Sweetener, Coffee, and Vanilla (would have been french vanilla) were from diyflavorshack
Sassafras and ginger are Flavor West (probably don't need the ginger but it sounded like a good idea)
Cardamom is FlavorArt
Holiday Spice and Maple Syrup were from The Flavor Apprentice
I used the holiday spice for nutmeg
Thank you!

I forgot to include ginger in my list of what I have. It's supposed to be fresh ginger root, but it'll serve, I imagine.
I have French vanilla, too, but for some reason thought it couldn't be right and so didn't mention it.

I still have a long way to go.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Olive Oil Roasted Brussel Sprouts w/ cracked pepper & sea salt? I'd take that over ice cream these days.
& I call it goat cheese blob pizza because they put BLOBS of the cheese in spots all over the pizza!!!
when I make it home made, I use an entire ball of the cheese. otherwise it goes bad in the fridge in 1 day after you open it!

strangely enough, I always liked strong, strong flavors. strong savory flavors. even as a child.
my parent never discouraged me from eating anything. I always had free reign of the fridge as a kid/toddler.
I remember eating cookies and candy bars before dinner, after dinner. I remember grabbing chocolates from the candy dish on the table during breakfast every morning. & I remember eating lobster with the adults, when all the other kids refused & had chicken fingers or hamburgers. I remember getting a can of anchovies and a block of "extra hard" cheese with some crackers as a snack before bed. lol
Goat cheese. & garlicon steak is good..so is feta cheese ;)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Oh, please report on it if you do! It will be hilarious if it works.

Here's another wacky idea: use capsicum, cucumber, pizza, jalapeño, blue cheese, and acetyl pyrazine at corn chip levels to make nacho juice.
Acetyl pyrazine at corn chip levels:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread