Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Chris and I put together a nice beginner's guide when we started GotVapes:

What's An e-Cigarette? : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

It is complete with illustrations and written for a beginner to understand, its pretty thorough. We are thinking of making this into a brochure so our customers can give this away to friend's and family.

Appreciate it if some of you can review what we have, make suggestions and even add to it if you wish....and let us know if you think a brochure might be a good idea...

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I'll have a look at it. I'm a real stickler for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. So much of the stuff on the net today reads like the author is writing in English as a second language. Don't get me wrong, that's great but how much can it cost, really, to have it proofread by someone whose first language is English?

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
my immediate thought....was, the first thing maybe you can do in this is to have a "glossary sections" explain these are the words are used and this is to help you understand some of the terminology..i remember when i first started, i got sooo confused cause a lot of the wording was alien to me....
so maybe as an introduction you can say, here are some terms that may help while we explain the ecig to you.
just my say on it...looks great.
I know a lot of people who want to start vaping and i really want them to come to you guys,,,,,waiting for the perfect 1st timers kit,,,u know like a 2 piecer,,,,,thats why i am looking forward to u guys getting a 2 piece simple system they can grow with :)

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
In my opinion you have done an outstanding piece of work here that is going to be of benefit to everyone new to vaping.

The information is concise and well presented with an adequate number of photographs.

I would encourage you to prepare the brochure you mentioned. I wish I'd have had this kind of information available when I started vaping.

Good job!

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Thanks Repent--re-readign it I found two typos but for 6 pages not bad : )

I'm gonna' be a grammar nazi here for a minute (well, I am an English teacher!): your punctuation is poor - almost non-existent; the syntax of the writing makes it seem like someone just transcribed someone speaking - there's little attempt at structuring the text as a piece of writing, and not as a transcription.

Still, it won't stop me from ordering from you in the future!

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
I'm gonna' be a grammar nazi here for a minute (well, I am an English teacher!): your punctuation is poor - almost non-existent; the syntax of the writing makes it seem like someone just transcribed someone speaking - there's little attempt at structuring the text as a piece of writing, and not as a transcription.

omg...flashback..... i had a stepfather and mother who were, retired now, english professors and omg they would constantly proofread and mark up our notes (we had to write notes of where we were going, phone calls u know that kind of thing) but omg they would sound exactly like your statement Eddie roflmao thanks,,,,,,,oooo the memories

still would love to have a lot of the brosures (yes, i purposely use wrong english and poor spelling out of rebellion lolol :) )
:vapor:

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
omg...flashback..... i had a stepfather and mother who... would sound exactly like your statement Eddie roflmao thanks,,,,,,,oooo the memories...

Well, glad it brightened your day! but, ahem :), I was being a little bit serious - I tend to switch off and stop reading anything that annoys my inner-grammar-nazi too much (he's not really any kind of fascist - just a bit of a stickler for good writing).

Last edited:

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
omg...flashback..... i had a stepfather and mother who were, retired now, english professors and omg they would constantly proofread and mark up our notes (we had to write notes of where we were going, phone calls u know that kind of thing) but omg they would sound exactly like your statement Eddie roflmao thanks,,,,,,,oooo the memories

still would love to have a lot of the brosures (yes, i purposely use wrong english and poor spelling out of rebellion lolol :) )
:vapor:
Weell thats jest naughtie amy. yu nead betr behaveyour. WOW that was actually physicall painful for me. I am not a perfect speller or anything but to do it on purpose hurt. No comedy without pain right??

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Very good suggestion Amy...

my immediate thought....was, the first thing maybe you can do in this is to have a "glossary sections" explain these are the words are used and this is to help you understand some of the terminology..i remember when i first started, i got sooo confused cause a lot of the wording was alien to me....
so maybe as an introduction you can say, here are some terms that may help while we explain the ecig to you.
just my say on it...looks great.
I know a lot of people who want to start vaping and i really want them to come to you guys,,,,,waiting for the perfect 1st timers kit,,,u know like a 2 piecer,,,,,thats why i am looking forward to u guys getting a 2 piece simple system they can grow with :)

Thanks TexasT and SmokingRT...

In my opinion you have done an outstanding piece of work here that is going to be of benefit to everyone new to vaping.

The information is concise and well presented with an adequate number of photographs.

I would encourage you to prepare the brochure you mentioned. I wish I'd have had this kind of information available when I started vaping.

Good job!

Excellent I will take 100.000.000.000.000.000 copies....oh wait they are probably not free. Based on GVs rep for quality and the information provided......hmmm....*+* carry the 1 and ....ok i will take 1 copy please

I'll take a good look at it before its published...

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Weell thats jest naughtie amy. yu nead betr behaveyour. WOW that was actually physicall painful for me. I am not a perfect speller or anything but to do it on purpose hurt. No comedy without pain right??

its talent roflmao....had practice,,,just to get on their nerves.....sppeeellling is my speshelty :)

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Well, glad it birhtened your day! but, ahem :), I was being a little bit serious - I tend to switch off and stop reading anything that annoys my inner-grammar-nazi too much (he's not really any kind of fascist - just a bit of a stickler for good writing).

sorry was mostly laughing at myself :)

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
Spelling I find important, at least on the common words. I'm not overly annoyed by other people's lack of punctuation, though I try to use it properly myself. I think my biggest annoyance is the misuse of there, their, and they're. Others include to vs. too, alot instead of a lot, and the use of texting abbreviations like ur, 4 u, w r u @, and the like. If you have a qwerty keyboard, us it. Of course this may seem silly of me since I do use lol, rofl, dh, ds, dd, mil, sil, etc... I'm not sure everyone sees the difference. Maybe it's just because I never had to text with T-9...

Hyperbole and a Half: The Alot is Better Than You at Everything

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
ok .... i was playing earlier and with an official document representing your company it is important to use the english lanquage correctly and that spelling is correct.
I was just sort of playing because I had every single piece of paper i wrote on at home with a teachers pen on it while growing up and i now rebel as a brat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread