Whats better for a Twist--dual coil or single coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Read this article written by the creator of the Safe vaping Power Chart. He explains finding the right ohm delivery device for the voltage that you enjoy. It also shows the chart. Find the ohm (resistance) in the left vertical column and the voltage you wish to use at the top. Make certain the resulting wattage is within the safe green colored zone.

Guide to Safe Vaping - E-Cigarette Safety | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

Going by the recommendations of that chart, a 3.0 ohm delivery device would easily cover all voltages between 3.7v and 5.0 volts.

I've not been a fan of dual coils. For me, they produce a harsher vape; for others, this might be experienced as a warmer vape with more throat hit. The single coils that I use give me just as much flavor and vapor as the dual coils did.

Dual coils have in my experience drained my batteries faster; others will argue against this. Because dual coils incorporate two coils vertically, one over another, I believe that the upper coil frequently does not get enough juice to it resulting in burning the dry polyfill surrounding it resulting in a burnt taste.

Your results may vary. I suggest you try some to see if they are for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread