Status
Not open for further replies.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
It doesn't meet your requirements for small size or removable battery, but my iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro is absolutely amazing. It has a huge 4500 mAh internal battery, and Innokin uses good batteries that last -- my years-old MVP 2.0 still holds a charge just as long as it did when it was new. I have absolutely no worries that the battery will last for a couple of years minimum. It can charge your phone or other devices in an emergency and still have more than enough battery life to last the rest of the day It's built like a tank -- I just accidentally dropped it down a flight of stairs and into a solid oak door, and it didn't even leave a mark.

It's not a small device, but it isn't unmanageably huge; it's just a tiny bit bigger than my old MVP 2.0, and it comfortably fits in my pockets. Regarding power, 60 watts is more than enough for 99% of my vaping -- my "go-to builds" on my mechanical mods before I picked up the MVP 3.0 Pro was a 0.7 ohm single coil (2 mm diameter with 26 gauge Kanthal) and a 0.5 ohm single coil (2.5 mm diameter with 24 gauge Kanthal), for 25 watts and 35 watts respectively. And I only very rarely went below 0.3 ohms, which matches the 60 watt maximum output of the MVP. In those rare instances when I want to go above 60 watts, I still have my mechanical mods and 30+ amp batteries (Sony VTC4/VTC5 and purple Efests).

My only complaints are very much nit-picking. First, to "auto-scroll" when adjusting wattage, you need to press the + or - button once, and then press it again and hold. Second, when adjusting wattage, it will round-robin from 60 watts to 6 watts (or vice-versa) without pausing. And third, the screen, while very bright and readable, should have used a sans serif font instead of a serif font. And finally, while the coil resistance is always shown, the voltage it will use to reach the set wattage is only displayed while firing (it reads 0.0 volts when idle). All are really nothing other than (very) minor annoyances.

So even though it doesn't have a removable battery and is not the smallest 50+ watt mod on the market, I still think you should strongly consider it. At just $55, it is an absolute bargain for such a well-built and solid performing mod.

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
btw Istick 50w is your best bet OP , the battery might not be removable but you dont have to worry about having the right one and it will last at least half a year . Ive vaped for 1 year , 80% of which was with non-regulated mods and I had no knowledge about batteries , i didnt even have an ohm meter , after so many build never got 1 short ad im pretty sure the majority of my builds were way below 0.5 ohms .

But yea people on this forum say that you need to know all the numbers , batteries amps , ohms , wattage etc. etc.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I have an mvp 20w and after about 6 months of hard use it only lasts half a day now. That's really my basis for removable batteries.

I'm also looking at the ipv mini 2, and the smok m65. I'm not into temp control I just want something on the small side that's affordable cause I want to carry it while mountain biking and working on my car and not worry about it getting all scratched up. I'm more leaning towards the smy just cause of the looks. Though the ipv is nice too.

I ordered an istick 50, cause well, they're cheap.. But it was doa. I've also watched my roommate blow through three isticks so far, so I'm not really excited about them. She dropped one and the other just quit. The one she has now keeps burning out coils. And I really find them unattractive.

If it means anything I have a kf4 with the subohm kit, a couple lemo 2s, taifuns, drippers. I have a mechanical mod I use at home and I bring the mvp with me when I go out so right now because of the 1ohm limit on the 20w my tanks have all sorts of builds going on. I'm looking to replace the 20w so I can build the tanks similarly.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Alright well I ordered an ipv mini 2.! 55 bucks with an LG battery. If it sucks I'll throw it up on Craigslist.

The evic looks nice though I might have to get one of those anyways. The white one reminds me of old mustangs hood.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Well minus telling me 50w isn't enough haha.. Is 70? Still too old? Oh well.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
Alright well I ordered an ipv mini 2.! 55 bucks with an LG battery. If it sucks I'll throw it up on Craigslist.

The evic looks nice though I might have to get one of those anyways. The white one reminds me of old mustangs hood.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Well minus telling me 50w isn't enough haha.. Is 70? Still too old? Oh well.
I've got an IPV mini 2 and it's a nice little mod. Hasn't let me down yet. You're gonna like the little dude!!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Lol
    50w is so old school for me that I don't own any 50w mods..just not enough power for the way I like to vape these days...however my cousin just started using the 40w Kanger Kbox...under $30.. Sorry couldn't help more... Good luck

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Agree completely!

Eight watts is where it's at! (and always has been)

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
    the yosen zero v2 is nice.

Attachments

• plex_wp_edited_image(2).jpg
      plex_wp_edited_image(2).jpg
      588.2 KB · Views: 25

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Agree completely!

Eight watts is where it's at! (and always has been)

My Smok M50 is rocking at 8.5 watts generally. I wonder can 8.5W be rocking? or is the just the cool new thing to say. I think people were rocking in the 60s and 70s too. I did have it up to the unheard of 18 watts. I am unsure how people vape that high. It burns my lips.

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
    My Smok M50 is rocking at 8.5 watts generally. I wonder can 8.5W be rocking? or is the just the cool new thing to say. I think people were rocking in the 60s and 70s too. I did have it up to the unheard of 18 watts. I am unsure how people vape that high. It burns my lips.
    the heat depends on what atty your using

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread