What's that e-liquid that tastes like tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
What does WTA stand for? What's a good supplier to try for these? I'm reading a whole thread about this that I found too. However it's closed so that's why I created this one. Forgot the names WTA and NET before I found the other thread, which is why I created this one.

I fully know nothing tastes like fire and leaf. I'm just experimenting and wondering if WTA and NET is worth the hassle?

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
WTA stands for Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. There are two I've heard of. One I don't remember, and the other is Aroma Ejuice. If you're a menthol person, I can only recommend P-38. It rocks. If you aren't, then I thought that the Camel tasted a lot like a real cigarette. I did like everything I tried from them though, with the exception of clove. It's more expensive, but if you're having a real problem getting off the smokes, then it might be for you. Aroma has a thread on here. If you want, PM me, and I can send the link to you and you can ask for further recommendations.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
It's a certain type of ejuice that is supposed to taste more like tobacco, but might have more toxins in it. Heard it mentioned on here and wondering who has tried it?

Thanks

NETs taste not only more like tobacco, but many taste exactly like tobacco. They are made from real tobacco leaves using different extraction methods. Think more cigar and pipe tobacco than tasting like a cig. They can't exactly reproduce the same experience as burning tobacco, but some come so close it's quite shocking. Blue Grass Burley from Ahlusion was the first ejuice I had that really seemed like burning tobacco to me; in a really, really good way.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Confused beyond belief already. Are you saying there's only a few vendors that sell this type? Also, NET is better? I have menthol drops, could I add them to the liquid as I do now?

What brand tastes more like say Marlboro, then I could add menthol drops if I like?

A lot of vendors sell NETs, well over a dozen. The natural tobacco thread discusses them. I'm not sure what you mean by better, but a lot of people do like NETs better than artificial tobaccos and vice-versa. NETs are a better representative of tobacco, whether they taste better is based on the person.

Like I said, if you're going for a cigarette flavor there are probably better routes to take than NETs as they mimic cigars and pipe tobacco. Marbs really don't taste a whole lot like tobacco, more like burning. Unflavored nic I hear is great for a cig substitute.

Wrangler Light from Goodejuice is kind of reminiscent of a Marb, but with more of a good tobacco flavor and minus the burning paper.

Yes, you can add menthal drops to any ejuice to mentholate it.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Also to clarify NET versus artificial tobaccos if that's where you're confused; they both are just categories of e-liquid. Artificial, also known as lab made, tobaccos are made with a flavored extract like other artificially flavored e-liquid, they don't use real tobacco in the process to make them, instead are flavorings meant to taste like tobacco. With naturally extracted tobacco however, the flavoring extract used in the e-liquid is made with real tobacco leaves.

WTA on the other hand is a process of extracting other substances from tobacco other than nicotine to give a the effect of smoking on the brain. The extracted alkaloids are added to the e-liquids and can be be any flavor, not just tobacco. NETs and artificial tobaccos deal with taste and WTA is for effect, mental and physical.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Man this sh** gets deep eh? LOL. Thanks guys. My head is spinning now. But in the end, I guess, like everything, it comes down to experimentation.

Lol, just like anything else vaping related, it starts to make a lot more sense as you get into it more. If we weren't able to travel so far down the rabbit hole vaping wouldn't be the fascinating hobby it is. I still remember coming into this form years back and seeing vg, pg, KR808D-1, 510, atomizer, cartomizer, etc and it was like a foreign language.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
My own experience is: I thought I was chasing tobacco taste when trying to avoid the food tastes I never associated with smoking. What I found was that, never having been a dipper but only a cigarette smoker, I really didn't even know what tobacco actually tastes like. Thus, the tobacco juices I tried were nasty for the most part. Then I realized it wasn't tobacco taste I was after but smoke taste... trying to describe that, I mean a "neutral" taste or something that's not a specific flavor... like fruit, dessert, tobacco, etc. Once I found that, my brain accepted it as "smoking" instead of "eating" and I was on my way to being cigarette-free. Most of the ones I vape and my ADV are found in the "signature" tobacco sections at vendor sites but the ones I like don't really taste of tobacco... just that mild, smooth, smoke one.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Looking at those sites and trying to figure out which are NET and which aren't. Are there any sites that sell the stuff that have a section dedicated to NET's?

Name a vendor and I'll tell you the NETs. A few off the top of my head:
Heather'sHeavenlyVapes: everything in purity line
Ahlusion: all tobaccos are NETs
Goodejuice: House-brewed line
MyVapeJuice: dedicated NET section
Want2Vape: premium tobaccos and Vapenstein line
The Plume Room: all tobaccos except Smooth & Mild and the vanilla menthol tobacco (forget it's name)
MountainOakVapors: Tennesse Gold line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread