What's the best ecigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novasteve

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Nova
I'm facing a smoking ban, not looking forward to this, but every ecig I have tried (smoking everywhere, and blu) just suck. Very little vapor, not at all satisfying. It's like I might as well just pretend to be smoking a cigarette and inhale.. Is there anything out there more realistic? Don't care at all for tobacco flavor. Heck, I don't even get buzzes from smoking. It's just the deep inhaling I'm after.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I'm facing a smoking ban, not looking forward to this, but every ecig I have tried (smoking everywhere, and blu) just suck. Very little vapor, not at all satisfying. It's like I might as well just pretend to be smoking a cigarette and inhale.. Is there anything out there more realistic? Don't care at all for tobacco flavor. Heck, I don't even get buzzes from smoking. It's just the deep inhaling I'm after.
I own many e-cigarettes and I must say the one I used the most is the DSE-901. Good battery, great vapor production and a nice throat hit. It's what I would recommend to anyone that is a beginner vaper.

tdwave

ECF Veteran
Hi novasteve,
I will chime in with my opinion. I heard about the e-cig about 2 months ago, but did some research and found that the 801 pen style was pretty good. I purchased 2 kits from awesomevapor.com and was totally satisfied with that. Since then i have a VP-2, with the adapters, so i now have some 510 and 901 atties to mess with.. Just don't get frustrated, there are plenty of good answers out there. You are on the right track by reading all the great information available here.
Good luck and happy Vaping.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
Salina, Kansas
I bought the 510 when I started. Many advantages (good vapor, realistic look and feel, good flavor.) But there are also many disadvantages (horrible battery time, lots of fiddling to get a cartridge configuration you like and most end up dripping before they find something that works, parts inconsistencies from vendor to vendor.) I like my 510, but I am laid off, never leave the house, and have all the time in the world for fiddling right now. If I was working, this probably wouldn't have worked as I wouldn't have the time for all the fiddling and learning.

That being said, my mom asked for an e-cig for Christmas, while I love them and tell everyone they should try it, I knew getting her a 510 was a sure fail for her. I ordered her an Ultimate Ultimatum vapor king kit from Vapor4Life with lots of catromizers and juices to get her going. After the abundance of stuff I got her (total was over $200 and I used the smilin20 code to get 40 some dollars off.) The total was $172 and I am wishing I would have started off that way myself.

NJDrew

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Flemington, NJ
I own many e-cigarettes and I must say the one I used the most is the DSE-901. Good battery, great vapor production and a nice throat hit. It's what I would recommend to anyone that is a beginner vaper.

Im going to second the DSE-901. I've been told it is generally more expensive to use than some of the other models, but I think you get what you pay for.

novasteve

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Nova
I bought the 510 when I started. Many advantages (good vapor, realistic look and feel, good flavor.) But there are also many disadvantages (horrible battery time, lots of fiddling to get a cartridge configuration you like and most end up dripping before they find something that works, parts inconsistencies from vendor to vendor.) I like my 510, but I am laid off, never leave the house, and have all the time in the world for fiddling right now. If I was working, this probably wouldn't have worked as I wouldn't have the time for all the fiddling and learning.

That being said, my mom asked for an e-cig for Christmas, while I love them and tell everyone they should try it, I knew getting her a 510 was a sure fail for her. I ordered her an Ultimate Ultimatum vapor king kit from Vapor4Life with lots of catromizers and juices to get her going. After the abundance of stuff I got her (total was over $200 and I used the smilin20 code to get 40 some dollars off.) The total was $172 and I am wishing I would have started off that way myself.

I bought something from vapor4life. The flavors intrigued me. I actually hate the taste of tobacco... But I can just see these flavors getting banned, and libs will blame it on "being tempting to children"...

Your tag says you havent' smoked in 44 days. Does what you actually have satisfy you, or are you struggling? Ever drink? The only time I smoke is when I drink, and I really, really have STRONG cravings to smoke when I drink. Is there any hope that any product might help me out?

suhrim21

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
bakersfield ca
Asking what the best PV is is like asking people what the best car is. you are gonna get tons of answers. It is all based on personal preference. I for instance have the SE Gold, a 510, and an 801. for me I find I am using the 801 more than the 510 because the 801 produces more flavor and vapor. The 510 is great for some flavors that are just too strong for the 801. The 510 also seems to produce a little more throat hit than the 801.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    If I had it to do over, I would start with some type of big battery mod. I got so sick of changing batteries all of the time. Some units only run at 3.7v and some will run at different combinations of 3.7,5,6, or 7v. With a big battery mod, you can get batteries whether there is a ban or not because they are also used on flashlights and other things and depending on where you buy from the batteries can run 2-4 dollars each depending on which battery your unit takes. You can buy adapters now that will take just about any battery fitting to any atty. You could therefore try many different attys without having to buy whole kits. One piece of advice that I was told when I was new to this forum is that for the most part, the more a pv looks like a real cigarette, the worse it works. If you are not set on the idea of your pv looking like a cigarette, I think in the end you will be happier with a mod or two. I have a few now and wouldn't trade them for a thousand 510 batteries.

enadrown

ECF Veteran
    Oct 11, 2009
    Salina, Kansas
    I second hittman on the battery mod. The 510 batterly life is horrible, I have a chuck ( THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing! ) that should be coming in a week or so. I got a 510 connector on it because you can purchase adapters to make it usable with different atomizers and even cartomizers.

As for satisfaction on my 510, it does satisfy me, but all the fiddling I have to do with it is painstakeing. After the learning curve of how you like everything it's not too bad.

I don't drink a lot, that being said everyonce in a while I will buy a 6 pack of girly drinks and drink a few, and I know the cig craving while drinking. I would make sure to have a high nic juice handy so you get a pretty hard throat hit to be able to use an e-cig while drinking. But I can't say for sure as I haven't drank since I've had mine.

breakfastchef

Moved On
    Feb 12, 2009
    ...every ecig I have tried (smoking everywhere, and blu) just suck. Very little vapor, not at all satisfying. It's like I might as well just pretend to be smoking a cigarette and inhale.. Is there anything out there more realistic?

I have to agree with hittman. Based on your brief impression of a typical e-cig, you appear to be after better throat hit, larger volume of vapor and would likely enjoy enhanced lung-filling experience. When I first started using an e-cig, it was like drawing off an ultra-light analog. Far from satisfying.

There are two primary components that can enhance these traits. First, higher nic liquids will provide more throat hit. A device with a manual button, that you push to engage the atomizer, allows you to run the atomizer longer and produce a warmer, thicker vapor.

Now, if this type of device were to run at 5 or 6 volts, as opposed to the typical 3.7-4.2 volts of a screw-in battery, you get it all in one package.
    Superior throat hit, excellent vapor and good lung feel. These devices generally are able to run different types of atomizers with optional adapters. This means you can have one battery pack that uses one type of batteries to operate most any atomizer you like. That is pretty cool.

If you want a recommendation for such a device, send me a PM.

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bonita Springs, Florida
    If I had it to do over, I would start with some type of big battery mod. I got so sick of changing batteries all of the time. Some units only run at 3.7v and some will run at different combinations of 3.7,5,6, or 7v. With a big battery mod, you can get batteries whether there is a ban or not because they are also used on flashlights and other things and depending on where you buy from the batteries can run 2-4 dollars each depending on which battery your unit takes. You can buy adapters now that will take just about any battery fitting to any atty. You could therefore try many different attys without having to buy whole kits. One piece of advice that I was told when I was new to this forum is that for the most part, the more a pv looks like a real cigarette, the worse it works. If you are not set on the idea of your pv looking like a cigarette, I think in the end you will be happier with a mod or two. I have a few now and wouldn't trade them for a thousand 510 batteries.

i will second this on the more it looks like a real cig thing, smaller means worse imo in general, not always, but most of the time, at the very least if u are gonna have a 510 or a 901 or even an 801 get a PCC (personal charging case) and just carry it at all times like i do, i have 2 510 batts on a hand at any time one connected to my atty/cart and the other sits in the PCC, when ppl said its a necessity for vaping i thought they were crazy but man is it ever

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
    Apr 6, 2009
    New York
    I think a 510 and a PCC is just a generally wise investment for any vaper. I use a number of big battery mods myself but i also carry a lone 510 in a PCC to use as a back up in case any problems arise with the mod i am carrying. so far the 510 has saved me on at least two occasions.

As far as what is best, that is easy. the best e-cig is whatever one you have. whats in your hand will always work better than what you are hoping for :p

DW

lunaras

ECF Veteran
    Sep 27, 2009
    Nowhere
    I had a Blu and it worked ok, but definitely not well. Especially once I started dripping. I got made a couple nicosticks and other mods that were so-so and then ordered a Chuck. I'll never go back to a smaller battery. I strongly recommend a big batt mod of some sort. Multiple days on the same batt with uber consistent vapor is heaven!

Travis798

ECF Veteran
    Nov 7, 2009
    Oklahoma

Seriously? I had read so much about the 901 that I just had to try it. I use a 510 but just got in a 901 Passthrough for 5v vaping. Granted the atty isn't broken in on the 901 but as of now at 5 volts it performs close to my 510, with the 510 having a slight edge.

breakfastchef

Moved On
    Feb 12, 2009
    Seriously? I had read so much about the 901 that I just had to try it. I use a 510 but just got in a 901 Passthrough for 5v vaping. Granted the atty isn't broken in on the 901 but as of now at 5 volts it performs close to my 510, with the 510 having a slight edge.

Your vaping style and vaping needs indicate that higher voltage vaping is closer to filling your needs. I left analgos behind with a simple 801-type system, but found my nirvana with a 6 volt device and a BE112 (penstyle) atomizer.

Kimmberlee

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2008
    MI
    When I first started all the great mods were not available. 5 volt vaping is the ABSOLUTE BEST!!! I have a Prodigy, Protege (Puresmoker) & I just recently got the Xhaler from Nhaler. All 3 of them are GREAT. I also LOVE using HV (high voltage) juice from Nhaler. The regular "kit" ecigs will never perform like a mod and they do not require you to constantly CHARGE your batteries all the time. I have been smokefree for over 10 months now! Never thought I could do it.... with this... I COULD!!!

Good luck!!!!

cassavetes

Moved On
    Aug 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I'll also agree with hittman, if I had to do it over again I'd go for a mod. I started out with the 510, and the money I've spent on attys, batteries and a PCC for it alone, I could have bought a couple of high end mods.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 510, still use it quite often, but the battery life is horrible and sometimes flavors don't come through as well as with other atty types.

My latest PV is the Janty Stick and it's my out and about device. I can get a good 5 hours of moderate vaping per battery. Two batteries last me well throughout the day.

At 80.00 it's a nice simple PV with great battery life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread