Whats the deal with rotating attys/cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
Whats the deal with rotating attys/cartos? I've seen in a few places people mentioning that its not good idea to run the same attys every day and that you should let them rest for 24 hours in between uses, whats the deal with this?
Do they last longer this way? I feel its kind of a chore to keep track of what I used yesterday and grab something else to vape with. Or what if I want my Extreme Ice thats in one carto but I used it yesterday.. do I need to cartos filled with 1 flavor. Or my favorite dripping atty, I can only use that every other day? Thats pretty weak, so how bad is it really to run the same device every day?
Thanks!:vapor:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Don't know. I use an atomizer until the flavor isn't coming through right then remove it and attempt to clean it. Screw on another one right away.

If the cleaning attempt works, it goes into service when the next one gets to not tasting right. If the cleaning attempt doesn't help, it is disposed of and a new one is pressed into service.

That's as close to rotation as I've ever done.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've never seen the 'wait a day' thing but, I have about 6 flavors going on 6 different PV's and I think that the 'vaping load' :) being split up between PV's is part of my 'luck' with attys, and at one time cartos. I'm not power vaping any single PV - (unless I'm beta testing) and I think that helps with longevity as well as leaks as a result of lower viscosity, etc. Probably helps the batteries too. I have my favorite - Habana Reserve - going on two PV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread