What's the difference in PG/VG blends? What is gained or lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
What kind of problems with equipment Caridwen?

If you're using a tank/wick setup then high pg can cause some gurgling and leaking issues. Too much VG can cause wicking problems because it's too thick to get to the atomizer. Removing a wick can solve it but if you go high pg afterwards you can get a nice tongue transdermal.

Some say high vg gunks up coils faster. I haven't had that problem because I like 70/30 - 60/40 the best. My 50/50's are ok but they can feel a little hollow on the throat with low nic levels. I stick in the 6-12 nic range mostly with the occasional 18 in the AM. And I like a polite throat hit quite a bit.

DanMcVap

May 31, 2013
SW Idaho
Thanks all for the info. I need to experiment to find out what works best for me. Last week I ordered a 65/35, and it seemed a little thicker than what I had used previously. It gave me lots of vapor and the flavor was good, having ordered 1 extra shot, and it is one that I will order again. I do not know the blends I have used up this point, but am going to start documenting my findings. Last night I ordered two 15ml in 80/20, so we'll see how that goes. Of course, I can only hope that the flavor is good, as it can get expensive finding what works. My goal is to average $1.50-$1.75/day in total vaping cost, including flavors and hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread