Whats the hip/improved setup now a days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
The hip new thing is to just go from nothing to a 200W mod, ask any newbie, thats the impression theyre getting nowadays

Just get a RX200 (some people must have that permanently in their clipboard cache around here)....i mention my TreeBox a handful of times and get trolled for over exposing the forum to it....go figure...

Used to be, to be cool, you got a tatt, now you buy a 200W vape mod (works best if you get one powered by only two batteries to get that real sense of danger and being edgy, or get an RX200 with 3 batteries and questionable wire gauges in its wiring...same thing) and blow your face off :)

Or you could get a 60-75w temp control mod and live the rest of your life at a sedate old persons wattage of 27-40w, yet as if by some weird magic, have a fully satisfying vape. I tell you these temp control mod people are using some crazy magic to get user enjoyable clouds out of just one battery at low watts. As ive said on here before, recently at our last vape meet, we had our first entrant in the cloud comp using temp control - this uncool sensible watt heathen came second...actually he technically came first as it was decided by clapping and yahooing and we punked him a bit.

Much like Patrick Bateman, i look to Huey Lewis - Its Hip To Be Square

Now if you'll excuse me, its getting draughty and i want to go and put my cardigan on....

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Not sure what you are even attempting to imply. Many of the RDA's I own carry those manufacturers names and Price is choice of place of purchase. Strangely enough, many Black box items actually come from the same machinery out of the same factories made by the same people. :shock:

But then, you would know better.:sneaky:

Just picked up 4 Tobeco Magma RDA's for flavor testing. These go with several I already own. $35.80 shipped/USA for the lot. :D

Oddly, not one RDA or RTA I have ever purchased has failed. Maybe ownership has its privileges after all.:lol:

Your snark is misplaced (and your final thought unintelligible), especially as you don't mention owning any of those ultra cheap "styled" toppers you recommended to someone else.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Your snark is misplaced (and your final thought unintelligible), especially as you don't mention owning any of those ultra cheap "styled" toppers you recommended to someone else.

You would be referring to the one from My Purchase history? Velocity Mini that I ordered with my Stro mini
Perhaps the 3 Black box Omega RDA's or my FT Darkhorse - which by the way, was the first to actually have all the air slots for proper function. :D
The Triton RDA, My Stumpy or Freakshow. Maybe my Origin RDA.

Fact of the matter is none of these RDA were high dollar, all but 1 was a clone and most were unbranded - as to Shipping packaging.

Selectively buying the absolute cheapest possible each and every time may bolster chances of receiving a Defect, though shopping cost effective has absolutely nothing to do with final quality.

Snark started when you started judging my recommendations. You will notice, I have not judged your personal preference.;)
If YOU don't like Brand(x) that is on you, but prejudging by your personal experience may be invalid.

* Did you know, just 3 short years ago, Tobeco, one of your standup choices (and one I shop), was known as one of the worst manufacturing companies in the business? They also had a reputation for Pure junk cloning of anything they could get hands on, late delivery and often dropped projects.

Then again, People were trash talking Sigelei not so long ago also.:blink:

We came here to assist another Vaper. My Recommendation was based on excellent reviews of a particular product, Nothing more. 4.5of 5 star overall by users.

L8r

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
I know the basics of vaping and mods are the same. I was just asking if the tech has improved so much that I have to change my setups. Since the new vapers I seen are just using box mods.

The consensus is telling nothing has changed... I should just use my mech mods and kayfuns.

I would still like a sub-ohm rta, rda, and a couple of box mods.
So i'm gonna get the rx200 and maybe the joytech or segelei because of the size.

which other rta and rda or box mods do you guys recommend me looking at?

Which non-chinese box mod that is price fairly should I look at?

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
You would be referring to the one from My Purchase history? Velocity Mini that I ordered with my Stro mini
Perhaps the 3 Black box Omega RDA's or my FT Darkhorse - which by the way, was the first to actually have all the air slots for proper function. :D
The Triton RDA, My Stumpy or Freakshow. Maybe my Origin RDA.

Fact of the matter is none of these RDA were high dollar, all but 1 was a clone and most were unbranded - as to Shipping packaging.

Selectively buying the absolute cheapest possible each and every time may bolster chances of receiving a Defect, though shopping cost effective has absolutely nothing to do with final quality.

Snark started when you started judging my recommendations. You will notice, I have not judged your personal preference.;)
If YOU don't like Brand(x) that is on you, but prejudging by your personal experience may be invalid.

* Did you know, just 3 short years ago, Tobeco, one of your standup choices (and one I shop), was known as one of the worst manufacturing companies in the business? They also had a reputation for Pure junk cloning of anything they could get hands on, late delivery and often dropped projects.

Then again, People were trash talking Sigelei not so long ago also.:blink:

We came here to assist another Vaper. My Recommendation was based on excellent reviews of a particular product, Nothing more. 4.5of 5 star overall by users.

L8r

People that think they are elites will always bash the lower end stuff. Looks like things haven't changed from 2 years ago...

Remember, your helping me and you input is much appreciated, thank you

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
So neither you nor crxess understood what I was saying... you can't seem to make up your own mind about what you're asking... and you like Pluid. :eek:

Later indeed.
:p

Look your help is much appreciated but I had to remind crxess that he was here to help me and didn't want my help thread to become another bickering between members. seen it to many times on here and other and forums. If your gonna take my post offensive when it wasn't geared towards you, then be gone, don't need your help. Theres a lot of other people on here.

Edit: everything might come off all wrong since I'm on my phone and can't respond well. So if it seem like it was remark towards you, my bad

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Actually the rx200 is kind of bulky. Any mod that will put out that kind of power but still stay sleek? I know I said I'm wanting to stay in budget, but I'm willing to go up to $200. I rather stay at $50 though

Have a look at the Vaporflask Classic from www.vape-forward.com its a 200w device using only 2 18650 batts. They also have some smaller versions using single batts.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Quite so, however...
In my limited experience, I have ten or so RDAs, none pricy, but from the major "cloners"... Tobeco, EHPro etc. All under $25. Each has done what it says on the tin and none have gone bad.

Then there's the handful of $6 "styled" drippers I've had. Each was bought for one purpose... to get an idea of how the particular design "philosophies" of the authentic felt. Dark Horse, Samurai, etc.
Not a one lasted through two builds before some component gave up the ghost.

They did what I bought them for and served their purpose, but I'd never rebuy any of them.
I can't begin to imagine what "components " are failing on a rda clone. Besides wire cutting screws and some machine marks an rda can't "fail". Maybe they were using cheap insulators? If anything my tobeco clones are better then the authentics. Paid $20 for tobeco kayfun lite, worked for months then I broke the glass and thought hey, I love this enough to buy an authentic. So I purchased a Russian 91% (only adjustable 510 at the time) for $90. It worked like .... and would refuse to wick. Made me stop using kayfun style forever. So yeah. Got off topic but I'd love to hear how a clone rda failed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
you seem to be making the right choices in getting one powerhouse/long battery life/TC mod (reuleaux) and single 18650 temp control mod.

right now i'm on an RTA kick and enjoy kayfun style vapes and cloudy style vapes. so i've been messing with my Pico clone, k.loud+g clone, nectar micro clone for kayfun style vapes and aromamizer 3mL RDTA, Goblin Mini and am getting a Silverplay Nano for cloudy dual coil RTA's. (i like short/stubby form factor)

RDA's are still pretty much the same other than the velocity style deck which has been a pretty major change in the RDA game IMO.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
I can't begin to imagine what "components " are failing on a rda clone. Besides wire cutting screws and some machine marks an rda can't "fail". Maybe they were using cheap insulators? If anything my tobeco clones are better then the authentics. Paid $20 for tobeco kayfun lite, worked for months then I broke the glass and thought hey, I love this enough to buy an authentic. So I purchased a Russian 91% (only adjustable 510 at the time) for $90. It worked like .... and would refuse to wick. Made me stop using kayfun style forever. So yeah. Got off topic but I'd love to hear how a clone rda failed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
When I was still active. Clones wasn't as big as it is now, but the clone I did try was the kayfuns and those were ..... Nothing worked like the originals. As people are saying don't know how drippers would fail, they are basic.

you seem to be making the right choices in getting one powerhouse/long battery life/TC mod (reuleaux) and single 18650 temp control mod.

right now i'm on an RTA kick and enjoy kayfun style vapes and cloudy style vapes. so i've been messing with my Pico clone, k.loud+g clone, nectar micro clone for kayfun style vapes and aromamizer 3mL RDTA, Goblin Mini and am getting a Silverplay Nano for cloudy dual coil RTA's. (i like short/stubby form factor)

RDA's are still pretty much the same other than the velocity style deck which has been a pretty major change in the RDA game IMO.

Yeah not new to the game at all. Just wanted to see what are the new toys people are playing with.

I like the velocity for its deep reservoir for holding juice and the tvf4 because I never did get into atomizers

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Quite so, however...
In my limited experience, I have ten or so RDAs, none pricy, but from the major "cloners"... Tobeco, EHPro etc. All under $25. Each has done what it says on the tin and none have gone bad.

Then there's the handful of $6 "styled" drippers I've had. Each was bought for one purpose... to get an idea of how the particular design "philosophies" of the authentic felt. Dark Horse, Samurai, etc.
Not a one lasted through two builds before some component gave up the ghost.

They did what I bought them for and served their purpose, but I'd never rebuy any of them.
I did the exact same thing. With the exact same results..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread