Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    With the future of vaping having been up in the air the last few years, especially in the USA, not everyone is gung-ho to invest in improving a technology that is now dependent on a gray market and probably soon will rely on a black market for sales. There have been minor improvements on the current technology, but nothing earth shattering.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    It seems like all the new vapes that have come out recently are more or less the same as the ones that have already been around the last couple years, like vaping has reached a technological plateau. Is that accurate or do you foresee any future advances like we constantly see with cellphones and computers?
    What you see is mostly that the American market has gone away.
    And therein lies the big sale for the Chinese companies. They are simple in terms of production, volume. When the volume disappears, they find something else to produce.

But why it became so difficult in the US I think is mainly due to low taxes from the vape industry.
    The same also applies to Europe, Dimi from Innokin said it in a clarifying way, the vape industry as a whole provides Greece 1/20 in tax revenue compared to only Morris's tobacco company.

The same can be transferred to my country. Customers pay 25% VAT, while the shops deduct the import VAT of 25%.
    There will not be that much tax in the treasury as a result.
    And if you compare that to the taxes on tobacco, which are perhaps 60-80%...
    A politician needs money to carry out something, vape does not come with a lot of cash, at least not yet.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    It seems like all the new vapes that have come out recently are more or less the same as the ones that have already been around the last couple years, like vaping has reached a technological plateau. Is that accurate or do you foresee any future advances like we constantly see with cellphones and computers?
    What I'd like to see for vaporizer mods (and all small electronics for that matter) is migrate from being powered by Li batteries to LFP ones.

Besides being a safer chemistry they can be charged/discharged at higher rates PLUS generally have +10x longer cycle life. (more cycles equate to being in service longer before needing to be replaced)

While it seems we've come full circle back to itty-bitty coils that overheat juice fed by itty-bitty tanks and powered by itty-bitty mAh batteries it would appear that the 'golden age' of vaping at least in the USA is long gone.

The age of finding more intrusive ways to tax+regulate+ban vaping is upon us.

g.

NoLeak

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Dec 8, 2009
    USA
    The future of vaping in the USA is building your own mods and mixing your own juice.

That's assuming you have a big fat stash of nic in the freezer and a big pile of unopened RTAs and associated spare parts....decks, tank glass, etc.

If you don't then vaping isn't in your long term future.

The current loopholes will close up eventually.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That's assuming you have a big fat stash of nic in the freezer and a big pile of unopened RTAs and associated spare parts....decks, tank glass, etc.

"I do not recall that."

;)

I'll be vaping...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The future of vaping in the USA is building your own mods and mixing your own juice.
    I haven't built any of my own mods yet, but a 200 ml. batch of eliq that I mixed went dry last week. Made me think of a song and I don't even have a Chevy. Here's the label I put on that bottle when I mixed.

Ya, that's October 3rd, 2021! I have about 25 or so mls. left, that'll last me a couple weeks or so. I'm mixing another batch tonight. I took my 100mg/ml nic, PG and VG outta the fridge last night so they could rise to the occasion, I mean rise to room temperature..

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'm impressed how long good hardware is lasting.
    I have an Eleaf iStick TC60W that I won in a contest here more than 5 years ago. Some of the paint has worn off, but I still use it quite regularly and it has no operational problems whatsoever.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I have an Eleaf iStick TC60W that I won in a contest here more than 5 years ago. Some of the paint has worn off, but I still use it quite regularly and it has no operational problems whatsoever.

Nice little mods. I like that I can change the plates.

I'm easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread