Whats the shelf life of e juice, and whats the best way to steep

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave240

Nov 25, 2012
edmonton
Im into the e smoking now just over 2 months......loving it, now im just starting to get the different juices, and have more comming. Im being open minded, not just ordering tabacco flavours, in fact im ordering licorice to coffee flavours......anyways i was just wondering how long are these juices still good......all foods have exp dates.....whats the deal with juices...and what the best way to steep them....do they all get better like a wine?.....thx

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
One of my favorite vendors suggests using within 6 months, most others suggest 1 year. I keep my juice stored in a dark place, room temp. I've never had a juice go bad, but have never had a juice last more than several months. I've heard of people pulling out a juice that's 2+years old and say it tastes better than ever. So basically, very long shelf life and nothing to be concerned over.

Many different opinions on steeping. Basically most agree if you have a juice that contains alcohol you can let the alcohol evaporate by leaving the top off 1-2 days and that juices that are made to order change flavor over time. How you want to go about it is a matter of preference. A common and logical plan is that if it tastes good right away go ahead and vape it, if not let it age several days and try it again. I keep a pretty good amount of juice on hand so I normally do 2 days top off, followed by at least to weeks aging or whenever I get to it, with plenty of shaking it when I think of it. Most juices tend to benifit from steeping to me, and none have gotten worse.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Has anyone heard anything about the effects of freezing juice? Good/bad?

I've heard of putting them in the fridge, and that this will halt the steeping process, so it will likely extend the life of your juice. I would guess that putting it in the freezer would be fine, since pg and vg both have low freezing points.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
afaik , and from what some vendors have put on the bottom of my bottles. Juice will last about a year.

Steep 1 day with caps off, then sit the bottles in a cupboard, drawer etc until you like the flavor. most people seem to agree that 1 week to 3 is decent. some juices need mroe time then others. But its all based on your taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread