Where to Steep E-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
Hi, i'm trying to work out the best place to steep my e-liquids...

theres two things i'm puzzling over:

a.)
i've read you need to keep them away from other strong flavours... - does this include; different flavours of e-liquids..
i.e; don't steep - 1* coffee e-juice, next to 2* blueberry e-juice.... e.t.c
as i have multiple flavours i need to steep.

b.)
it seems storing in a cupboard is the best bet.. - but does it matter what kind of cupboard..?
i have some cheapo ikea cupboards... that are wooden but painted with some kind of paint..

^the ejuice i have; has ethanol in it... plus the flavourings, nicotine, VG e.t.c....
could that erode the paint... or, something like that? - i don't give a damn about the cupboard... i just want my juice to be in a clean atmosphere while it steeps.. to avoid it getting contaminated somehow..

Thanks kindly.
Jx

ElectricalSocket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Houston
Nah I wouldn't worry about it. As long as the area smells ok and hasn't had chemicals in it. A family member put my gallon of VG and PG underneath the kitchen sink. There have been chemicals and junk in there and smells...not ok (under the sink). I'm considering not being so OCD about the PG, but the VG had a small cut in the bottle and is not as clear as it used to be. I replaced it already.

Point being, stash it somewhere clean and it's good. I don't think it will affect the paint or vise-versa, as long as it isn't brand new and outgassing VOC's still. I honestly don't know about the multiple flavors question.

*Location that hasn't stored chemicals or smells weird
*Location that doesn't have semi-new paint on it
*Leave it a tiny bit cracked open with a card or something to let a small amount of air in/out if you're worried about the multiple flavors issue, or open it up a few times a day.

Honestly you could just rubberband a papertowel around the bottle top and leave it anywhere. If it's a plastic bottle take the tip out. Shake it around a few times a day. :)

RocketPants

Jun 20, 2013
Houston, TX
I leave my bottles in a medicine cabinet in the guest bathroom. It's always a bit cooler in there than the rest of the house.
I don't think it matters where you put them and what kinda bottles you're putting in there, so no need to worry about storing different types of juices together. As long as it's a cool, dark place (with no residual chemical smell), I'd assume it to be fine.

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
So most everyone says store / steep in a cool dark place and few seem to know the difference between steeping and airing out.

1: Dark place is for long term storage and a few weeks is not long term.
2: Ejuice will steep faster in a warm place than a cool one.Most recomend 125F or less ,I have used up to 140F for 8 hours and obtained steeping similiar to 4 weeks at room temperature.
3: Fresh mixed juice especialy ones with alcohol in them often benefit from airing out for 24-48 hours. Remove cap and drip tip, plug bottle with cotton to keep bugs out.

I did not book,ark the site but a major vendor conducted test where ejuice was stored in a cool dark location, in a room with normal amout of light and one a window seal with a lots of direct sun and after 6 weeks there was only 1mg reduction in the window ledge sample .

Note: I would not place bottles being aired out in a confined place together but capped bottles are fine.

Last edited:

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Hi, i'm trying to work out the best place to steep my e-liquids...

Jx

My fear is having the bottles knocked over and making a big mess. I devised a box to keep them safe while the caps are off.

Steeping1.jpg

Hello,

Usually I steep my liquids in my drawers from my desk. The minimum I would leave them steeping is 24 hours, then I try some, if I feel that it still needs steeping then back into the drawer it goes. I repeat the process until I feel that it's reached it's maximum flavor. IT just a matter of patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread