What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Skrymr, I wonder if they are going to phase out the chrome if they are selling that cheap. Nice job using the grandkid as an excuse to see the avengers movie.

Gimpy, it's nice to have a new face here. Usually there are just a handful of us that post here regularly. You'll get to know them if you stick around. I vape and snus too. I started out vaping first and then turned to snus when vaping alone wouldn't tame the cravings for me. I used to use quite a bit of nasal snuff too but hardly touch it any more. Some people here still vape and some don't. I hope to see you around as a regular.

General white
    tonic menthol

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hi Simply and welcome. We're always looking for new faces here on the dark side.

Well, I managed to get myself in netbook Hades. Hopefully I'm working my way out as we speak and fortunately I have my old Dell as a backup. It all started yesterday when I found out the guy I loaned my truck to managed to total it. It was an old truck, 96', but it was my truck and it hadn't hit 90k on the odometer and served my purposes well. Fortunately the company he works for is going to take care of me to replace it, but it is a hassle.

Anyway, as I mentioned earler, mom was having a bad day and I had to pick up my S2000 at the garage after it was inspected. Waiting for gf to get herself organized, I decided to install SP1 for Win7 which for some reason never installed automatically so I did a manual. It was taking forever so I left it run after I got back with the car. Went to mom's and when I got back a couple hours later, it appeared to be finished but didn't say so. I waited and nothing changed so I rebooted.

Needless to say, that didn't work. Now I'm sitting here trying to find an answer and starting to believe I don't have one. I hate having deteriorating skills.

Mint to sooth my ego
    IW just because

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Wow Roth, good luck with everything. I doubt if the problem is deteriorating skills, windows can be a pain no matter what. Some updates are rushed, and you never know how they will work. I'm happy with my little Acer netbook with XP. I can't imagine replacing it, it has served me very well.

Hitt, I am hoping they are just clearing out aging stock. the coffee supreme is one of my favorite's, and the chocomint is growing on me.

I follow snuscentral on facebook. Every once in a while they post great articles. I thought this one was worth passing on. http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/2012/04/im-smokeless-tobacco-user-will-i-get.html

Getting ready for bed with:

Nada

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Hey there darksiders..... time to check in and see if there are any bunnies about

:blink:

Looks okay

Speaking of snus central, I get my big order from them on Monday. Very fast as I ordered on Thursday. I don't know if I can mail a letter across town faster then they shipped it from Sweden. I'm impressed.

I did get another roll of coffee supreme even though i have 7 unopened cans left. It's getting to be a favorite, and cheap to.

I did splurge a bit as I got an icetool potion can..... the one with gaskets on both the main compartment and the top compartment. Supposed to keep things fresh for a long time. My old way was using an old plastic purified snus can, which kept things in good shape for less then a day. After that they dried out and got lumpy. I've been using it for nearly two days and the portions are still good as new.

Jakes original

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well Skry, this netbook is also an Acer badged by Gateway and that was my saving grace. About 3 in the morning, I found Alt F10 on boot to get into the Acer recovery files. I think I fell asleep around 4:30, but when I woke up a couple hours later I had an operating system. Now it's a matter of moving my files from a backup Acer created and re-installing software. I guess that's not too bad considering the alternatives. You would have thought by now that MS would have created a more user friendly method of insuring you don't get in these jams.

Welcome to the icetool can world. I got the stainless steel can with the flip up "ashtray" used storage about a year ago and have no complaints. It doesn't have the gaskets, but my portions last for the three or four days they're in there.

Grov
    water

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. Skrymr you're probably right. They are probably trying to move old stock. I was surprised how cheap the cool mint was when I ordered last time. Thanks for the link. That was an excellent article.

Stubby, it's good to hear from you again. The icetool can sounds nice. So did you get anything new to try on this big order? There are a ton of new ones that I haven't tried.

Roth, glad you figured out the computer problem. Windows can be a pain in the ..... When I got my last computer at work, I had it built with xp. That was when vista was out but not 7. Since then we have gotten a new computer in the office with windows 7 and people are always complaining about it won't let them do this or that. I just tell them that I haven't had any experience with 7 and that I wasn't hired as an IT guy even though they act like I was. Most people here know little or nothing about computers so they come to me when there is a problem. I don't have any formal training. I learned thru the school of hard knocks when I started with windows 95 and moved thru the different operating systems that came out. I would have a problem, figure it out most of the time, and then would gain a little more knowledge as I went. Any more though I don't much care for doing it.

Thunder berry
    coffee

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I date back to DOS days, but my last real hands on, day to day type stuff was Win95/Win85 days. That's a long way back in computer speak. I don't understand the lingo much these days, but have a good background and thank god for Google searches. With enough patience and intestinal fortitude, both of which I was running short of at 2AM, I have a chance of saving myself.

I just found restore points that was initiated in Win ME that probably would have saved me had I been using it.

This is going to be a long day.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Roth I messed with dos a little bit and learned a few commands back in the day but my first real exposure was windows 95. You are right, google can be a life saver when it comes to solving computer problems. I've used it quite a bit for that.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me today. I usually vape on the way to work and get my first portion in when I get to work and I am fine but today the vaping didn't do any good on the way to work and I couldn't get that first portion in fast enough. I finished my usual thunder berry and still found myself craving so I put in another 16mg portion. Work is still pretty busy and I need to focus. This is not a good day to deal with cravings ruling my head. I guess just keep popping portions til it goes away. I haven't had a hard craving day like this in a long time. I wonder why.

thunder cool mint
    coffee

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Stubby, it's good to hear from you again. The icetool can sounds nice. So did you get anything new to try on this big order? There are a ton of new ones that I haven't tried.

coffee

The only new one I tried is Brandy Alexander loose. A bit to early to give a report on it as I have only tried it once. To bad snuscentral doesn't carry a full line like Northerner, especially the cheap stuff. They don't have Offroad original in loose, but I did get a roll of the portions. None of the Odens in the standard strength in potions or loose and a limited choice in the Phantom line.

The two I really miss are Gotlands yellow loose and Gellivare. Both are no longer made. I could live on those two. Noticed the loose from SM is now 42 grams instead of 45. The price goes up and the quantity goes down. Such is life.

Ettan white

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I never tried either one of those stubby. I miss being able to get claq qui. I have a few cans still left but sure wish they'd make it again so I could get some fresh. I tried two of the odens extreme a while back. The flavor wasn't awful but not great either. Also the 22mg nic can be a little harsh. I don't know if you saw where I posted about it but I can buy general at any local quiktrip gas station now.

Lab 05
    coffee

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yup what's under your lip sniffed in your knows and whatever else in your life you care to talk about. Perhaps the only thread you don't have to use OT to be politically correct.

My only comment made through very tired eyes is YES! i AGAIN HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONING NETBOOK. It took me to looking in the Yahoo Yellow pages for a computer repair shop at two in the morning and finally goggling the right link but the mystery is solved. An expensive little jaunt into by sleep bank, but the satisfaction of working out of the jam myself was worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread