UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    What's going on at Tractor Supply?
    34.99 a gallon.

Prices going up, their PG used to be $19.99 at one time last year, IIRC. But that's still not a bad price if it's in stock at your local store because no shipping charge.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    What's up with that?
    The Federal Reserve can create dollars out of thin air, but making PG or VG (or anything else of actual value) is rather more difficult.

Remember when you could get a Glycube on sale for $40?

It ended up being closer to $60 with shipping and tax, but hey... 4 gallons.

Some people were like, "Why are you stocking up on that? The FDA can't ban PG or VG"...

:vapor:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Still better than a $5,560.00 tax on a $100.00 bottle of nic base!!

I think that $5,560 tax represents what is considered to be paying a vaper's "fair share" considering all the carnage we have generated by seducing the youth of the country into an epidemic of disease, destruction and death caused by our vaping.

• Creative
    Reactions: Rossum

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I think that $5,560 tax represents what is considered to be paying a vaper's "fair share" considering all the carnage we have generated by seducing the youth of the country into an epidemic of disease, destruction and death caused by our vaping.

Ah-yes, the epidemic of killing all us old people for the sake of the youth. (that are doing just fine)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Federal Reserve can create dollars out of thin air, but making PG or VG (or anything else of actual value) is rather more difficult.

Remember when you could get a Glycube on sale for $40?

It ended up being closer to $60 with shipping and tax, but hey... 4 gallons.

Some people were like, "Why are you stocking up on that? The FDA can't ban PG or VG"...

:vapor:

Damn, 4 gallons. I bought 2 gallons each of PG and VG in march or april 2020 because I panicked when I saw PG and VG becoming scarce and Chinese people falling over dead in the streets on the news. And I haven't really put a dent in them lol. I haven't done the math but as a guess I bet they last me a total of 5 years. I put them in mason jars and store them in my extra fridge cuz I feel better with them in a cool place in glass.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    My last two orders of a gallon of BA PG and VG came to about $36 shipped for the pair, after discounts. Those were in 2016 and 2019, so I'll be looking at another pair next year. If prices don't drop I guess it will be about double, so my PG & VG for the next three years will cost about $24/year versus the $12/year I'm used to. Good thing I have a few months to prepare for this, as the cost per ml of our ADV will jump from 1.08 cents to 1.49 cents.:)

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Here in Germany the prices for PG skyrocketed as well, but it has always been more expensive than VG anyways.
    VG is as cheap as before the pandemic though.
    10l VG 25€
    5l PG 37€ compared to 25€ before Covid.
    But it's not only the higher demand because of PG being used in sanitizers that made prices go up. PG is synthesized from gasoline and since price for crude oil went up quite a bit the last few months, all end products have become more expensive as well.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Just checked and the best price i found was at walmart.com. gallon of VG 27.99, gallon of PG 36.25 free shipping. I had to buy pg earlier this year. Should have stocked up on more of both while the price was better. At least I have enough nicotine to last me the rest of my life with plenty left over. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    At least I have enough nicotine to last me the rest of my life with plenty left over. :)
    Yeah, I don't sweat the cost of VG or PG that much really. I go through about a two liters (call it half a gallon) of diluents per year. A cost increase of $10 or even $20 per gallon isn't going make me miss any meals.

Now the proposed nicotine tax... We'll let's just say I'm glad that I also have enough to outlast me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread