What's wrong with Madvapes Juice? Also…recommendation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Question 1: What's wrong with madvapes juice?

So…if you read my thread about juices you hate, you know that I really hated Madvapes's Kona Cream. Apart from the other things that disgusted me about it, it seemed to have this weird burnt/rotten fake milk flavor. Apparently, all of the juice I got from them does that to some extent. Except for KC, it's good enough to keep me off cigs until my new shipment……but they all have just a bit of that flavor hiding in there. It's there regardless of voltage, though seems to be less prevalent running higher. It's just this weird, overpowering, gross sweetness that I can't place. Kinda like chewing on non-dairy coffee creamer……but rotten somehow. I don't care…I just don't like it and won't buy anymore……and others might like it (i mean…people do eat Okra…which makes no sense to me)…but I'm curious what it could be.

Question 2: Anyone have any juice recommendations?

So, the other night I was celebrating with friends, drinking martinis and whiskey (not at the same time) and the juice that I had just wasn't working well. That was one of the times I most enjoyed smoking, and I found myself longing for that old taste. I didn't break down and smoke (yay!) but it was the strongest desire I've had. I think I need to invest in a good tobacco, but I have no idea where to look. There are a lot of them, and a lot of the descriptions don't make any sense to me. Feel free to only skim the next section and give a recommendation……but recommending something just because you like it will probably get ignored……I have my "good enough for now all day vape" (vapor alley key lime) coming in this afternoon and am looking to experiment with darker, drier (in the liquor sense…meaning less sweet) flavors.

About my flavor "likes":

I can't taste a difference between colors of skittles or gummy candies (no matter how good…from gummy bears to hand-crafted boutique gummies). They all taste like vague fruit (somtimes brighter or darker) and sugar.

I can taste a difference between brands of vodka blind. My favorite–by far–is Stolichnaya, along with Vox, Ketel One (though not in a Martini…tastes bad with vermouth), and Russian Standard (which is actually really good for the price).

My favorite champagne–by a wide margin–is Bollinger Special Cuveé. And I've had just about all of the good ones from $10 bottles to $350 bottles (still haven't bought Ace of Spades or Crystal, though).

I prefer Islay Scotches to most other whiskeys, and Ardbeg is my favorite distillery by a wide margin. I prefer Scotch to Bourbon most of the time and drier(kinda) things like Bullet and Bookers to Maker's Mark. A Rye Old Fashioned (made the old fashioned way with sugar, bitters, and basically no fruit) is one of my favorite drinks in the world, along with Gin Martinis (Gordon's, Hendrick's, Plymouth + Dolin Dry or Martini & Rossi in a pinch). Favorite Ryes are (oddly) Old Overholt and High West Double Rye.

I'm not a huge beer drinker, but my favorite is Fuller's ESB. I tend not to like IPAs that are at all a part of the hop race, but Pale Ales (that the rest of the world would consider an IPA) like Sweetwater 420 are okay. I don't mind bitter flavors to a degree, but it's easy for beer to go way too far.

My favorite wines tend to be Malbecs, though I'm not a huge wine drinker. Heavy…full boddied…strong but not overpowering. They go great with a good steak. If I want something lighter, I'll drink a Gin or Rye Ricky……and I kinda hate that weird sweetness tonic water has, though it's okay if you absolutely drown it in gin and lime.

I love general vegetables and prefer Asian/Spanish/Mexican style cooking for them to southern style cooking. I love Indian and Thai, and the hotter the better……but I don't think it's possible to actually get a spicy e-liquid that I'd actually consider spicy (I cook with habaneros and occasionally ghost peppers), and I explicitly don't want chocolate in with it. Maybe it's just the ones I've had, but spicy chocolate things always have the worst chocolate. And I hate coconut milk with a passion, mostly due to the texture, but still.

I hate Turkey because it tastes like nothing, but I love most other meats. And while I've eaten game birds, I still have no idea what "gamey" means.

Red Bull is probably my favorite liquid on the planet, and no…I haven't found a good red bull flavor (tried Mad Vapes, Vapor Alley, Vapor Kings (i think), e-cigarette-usa, and something else).

And I smoked Lucky Strikes.

So, yeah……any suggestions for dry, rich juices that might fit into that (especially when paired with liquor)……kinda looking for a Tobacco (not necessarily WTA…don't actually know what chemicals those are) but it's not necessary that everything I try be a tobacco.

figment_oyi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Tx
to get a true idea of what gamey is try cooking a game bird without soaking it in lemon juice first as that is usually what takes the wild game flavor out.. I think that would do it ..if you really want to know what that taste is . Sorry no ideas for you on e liquid but I had to respond to the game bird thing though ! Good luck on your quest for a good juice to go along with your drinks..

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I have a cart at AVE. I'll try their 555 as well. I haven't really looked at 555s or RY4s because I can't figure out what they're supposed to taste like. I always described tobacco tastes different from other people (except for the one terrible Indian one a friend brought back as a joke) that actually tasted like sawdust.

Definitely going to get a vaperoom sampler. $25 for 30ml of juice isn't terrible and they actually had 10 that I wanted to try.

Anyone else? I've heard good things about–for example–boba's bounty and casablanca……but can't quite figure out what they're supposed to taste like.

Also, I know what WTA stands for and how it's described…what alkaloids are actually there? There's nothing about the sensation of vaping that's lacking for me right now…just weird flavor blends at the moment.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Ruskya Standart is an excellent vodka, if kept in the freezer and enjoyed in shots. :)

As for really excellent tobacco vapes, I would suggest the Purity line of tobaccos from Heather's Heaveny Vapes (especially the Gandalf). You can read more about them in this thread, which you should check out anyway for great REAL tobacco juices:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html

Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

HHV is currently backed up a bit with orders since the owners just got back from their honeymoon, but their tobacco juices are sooooo worth the wait.

Good luck!

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Cool. I'll definitely try a couple of those soon.

And yeah, Russian Standard makes a decent shot, a decent martini, a decent ricky……it's just all around a decent vodka as long as you don't want fruity, girly, cover-up-the-alcohol drinks……and then you might as well be overpaying for grey goose.

:laugh::laugh: Right on!

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
Thanks for the heads up on the MadVapes (TopVapor) Kona. I like their Grandpa, so I'll order from there occasionally. Also dig their Black Licorice (but how can you screw that up, really.) I will throw out a warning against their Waffle which I've been steeping for over a month. Low/No flavor and what can be detected doesn't taste like maple. Been flushing out my CE3s with it rather than using up my dwindling unflavored PG, it's that weak (but orange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread