What's wrong with old juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Ummmm, eight bottles went in the trash for me today. I guess that means I didn't care that much for the juice ~ just an occasional lovely vape. Of course my favorites are all much newer because I use so much of them. I do have to say it was an awful, traumatic experience dropping the bottles in the trash container. Tasty Vapor seems to be my security blanket! Time to go on a Tasty Vapor spending spree, yeeeeeee!

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
I did date all my bottles and I know I have a lot from last July :( so doing the math 10 months old) Cari you are the strong one! I could just cry, but I know it has to be done, {{{going to the wine fridge}}} and since I have to go there and clean the old juice out I might as well have a glass of wine.

Markimar if you are not sure how old your juice is you can go to you acct info at Tasty vapors and look at your history, it will tell you what you bought and when. As for traded juice you got, if you question it then toss it, the last thing you need is to get sick right now.

Ay Dee Jay

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Colorado
*gasp* the b-word! B-b-b-bacteria! We're all teeming with them, the bacteria on and within us outnumber our own cells. Didn't even occur to me to worry about them in my e-liquid though sure, there are some nasty strains out there. Humanity has declared war on the fundamental basis of our ecosystem through the overuse of antibiotics in livestock and such, so they're fighting back in a sense...

My dad's a microbiologist; we'll have to do some cultures of old e-liquid and see what we come up with...would be a fun science project.

Won't be throwing out any old juice any time soon until more compelling evidence presents itself ;)

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Hey Ay! Thanks for the input. My ex is a microbiologist also, so unfortunately I know more than I want to about the b-word, lol. That said, I'm not really cool with intentionally pulling stuff into my lungs that is less than desirable. I'm pretty partial to my lungs ~ that's why I quit smoking to begin with :p We still don't know the long-term effects of vaping, so to me being as safe as I can with it is essential.

*gasp* the b-word! B-b-b-bacteria! We're all teeming with them, the bacteria on and within us outnumber our own cells. Didn't even occur to me to worry about them in my e-liquid though sure, there are some nasty strains out there. Humanity has declared war on the fundamental basis of our ecosystem through the overuse of antibiotics in livestock and such, so they're fighting back in a sense...

My dad's a microbiologist; we'll have to do some cultures of old e-liquid and see what we come up with...would be a fun science project.

Won't be throwing out any old juice any time soon until more compelling evidence presents itself ;)

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It would be convenient if TV just dated it on the label..

It's true and I don't know why I didn't start sooner, but since there are people buying droves of the stuff...Yes, I've told the staff to also begin writing the born on date on the bottle as well.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Since we are asking all these juice questions, Is there any harm in mixing batches bought close together?! I've already mixed my GB into one large bottle, as I had 2 doublers and 2 nic juices bought in the last couple months. I don't see why it would be a problem, but asking anyway.

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I threw about 25 bottles and I have a dozen more I will be throwing away in a few weeks if I can't vape it. :(
I'm in this same boat. :(
I put a rather hefty bag of bottles in the trash last night, and then hauled the bin to the curb for trash pick up today. It's now long gone, with more to follow in the next month or so.
Like you, lesson learned to use some RESTRAINT when ordering for a change (at least that's the story I'm sticking to until the new flavors come out lol).

I think we have TV Juice Traumatic Disposal Syndrome!

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Queen and Guava, I think we need a support group after the trauma we suffered this week. And darned if I didn't turn around and order two of the flavors on sale this week. What can I say ~ I adore Almond Horn and Caramel Popcorn! I'm down to seven Tasty Vapor flavors (four of them with doublers), and I'm a little queasy, lol. I HATE TO THROW AWAY MONEY, but TV is not a waste. I'll just have to behave myself from here on out! Next week when the new flavors come out I don't know how I'm gonna handle it :facepalm: I already have my eye on three of them!

Daisylee

Feb 5, 2011
USA
Does this just apply to TV juice as well as any fresh made juice without preservatives? Preservatives? Oh gosh, didn't know juice contained preservatives. I still feel like a NooB after 3 months vaping. *sigh* There is so much still to learn.

My first juice order was 2 months ago (from another supplier.) The juice had a born on date and expiration date 24 months later. Problem is the juice was already a year old when I received it. Ten bottles of it. Great sale. What can I say. I am vaping about one 30 ml bottle a month. I take it this means this juice has preservatives, but is it still safe to vape up to the expiration date? On some I only have to 1/2012. Others 10/2012. This would be 2 years from born on date. Help. I very afraid of the B word.

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
I agree Cari and Guava, We do need a support group, I am just sick about wasting money like that, what a learning curve :( The good news is we are safer! I think it will not be as hard for me cause I have learned I love A/C and I can live with just that flavor (yeah it is that good for me), even though on occassion I like to combine a flavor with it. That said I think I will just swap 15 ml here and there for some A/C or buy a bottle of something when it is on sale. Hopefully I can stick to that thought as I am straining from going to the tasty vapor site and repeating history.

Queen and Guava, I think we need a support group after the trauma we suffered this week. And darned if I didn't turn around and order two of the flavors on sale this week. What can I say ~ I adore Almond Horn and Caramel Popcorn! I'm down to seven Tasty Vapor flavors (four of them with doublers), and I'm a little queasy, lol. I HATE TO THROW AWAY MONEY, but TV is not a waste. I'll just have to behave myself from here on out! Next week when the new flavors come out I don't know how I'm gonna handle it :facepalm: I already have my eye on three of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread